Reade Ryan is Of Counsel in the Finance practice.
He focuses on a wide range of securitization and commercial lending matters and transactions. He advises on various types of asset securitization and other structured transactions, including securitizations and other structured transactions for film and music assets, as well as unsecured and secured bank financings generally.
Reade represents financial institutions, including Citibank, N.A. and Bank of America, N.A.
- Structured financings of film assets for Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation and Universal Studios, Inc. (Citibank, N.A.), for DreamWorks L.L.C. and Village Roadshow Limited (Ambac Assurance Corporation and AIG Asset Management (U.S.), LLC) and for Paramount Pictures Corporation
- Structured film transactions to produce and distribute low-budget films by independent studios, structured to take advantage of Internal Revenue Code section 181 (Banc of America Leasing & Capital, LLC)
- Structured refinancing of music assets for the Estate of Michael J. Jackson, secured by Michael Jackson’s own music (called the MiJac Catalog) (HSBC Private Bank (UK) Limited/HSBC Bank USA, National Association)
- Structured financings of music assets and a music joint venture interest for Michael J. Jackson (Barclays Capital Inc. and HSBC Private Bank (UK) Limited/HSBC Bank USA, National Association)
- Monetization of payments to be made by the Commodity Credit Corporation under the U.S. federal Tobacco Transition Payment Program (Citigroup Global Markets Inc.)
- Bankruptcy-remote asset securitizations of receivables arising under motion picture and syndicated television series distribution contracts for Warner Bros. Television Distribution Inc. (Citibank, N.A.), of U.S. government receivables for Raytheon Company (Citibank, N.A.), of telecommunication receivables for Worldcom, Inc. (Citibank, N.A.), of equipment receivables for IBM Credit Corporation, Xerox Corporation and Merisel Americas, Inc. (Citibank, N.A.), of oil and gas drilling receivables for Schlumberger Technology Corporation (Schlumberger Technology Corporation), and of dealer floorplan receivables for Case Corporation (Citibank, N.A.) and John Deere Corporation (John Deere Corporation)
- Asset securitization transactions involving trade receivables for The Dow Chemical Company, International Business Machines Corporation, Securitas Security Services USA, Inc., Crown, Cork & Seal, Inc., Sharp Electronics Corporation and Building Materials Corporation of America, among others (Citibank, N.A.), oil and gas trade and regulatory receivables for Reliant Energy Resources Corp., Coastal Finance Corporation, The Williams Companies and other pipeline companies (Citibank, N.A.), and healthcare receivables for Bio-Medical Applications Management Company, Inc. (Citibank, N.A.)
Harvard Law School
Pro Bono Activities
- Pro Bono Counsel, The First Presbyterian Church in the City of New York
- Member Board of Trustees, Presbytery of New York City