Michael Scargill is counsel and Head of UK Knowledge Management in the London M&A practice.
With over 30 years' corporate law experience, advising both UK and global clients, Michael has extensive experience of a wide range of both public and private M&A, privatization, joint venture, corporate governance and capital markets transactions, as well as large scale outsourcing and restructuring matters.
- Delek Group in connection with its offer to purchase the entire issued share capital of Ithaca Energy, Inc. (other than shares already owned by Delek Group) for C$1.95 per share, or approximately C$681 million
- Liberty Global on the takeover of Cable & Wireless Communications plc at an enterprise value of $8.2 billion
- Deutsche Beteiligungs AG and funds advised by DBAG on the acquisition of Pfaudler Process Solutions Group, a part of National Oilwell Varco, Inc.
- Abu Dhabi Global Market (ADGM) on its establishment as an international financial centre in the United Arab Emirates. This deal was awarded "Corporate Team of the Year" at the Corporate Counsel Middle East Awards 2015
- A bondholder group on the £1.5 billion recapitalization of the Co-operative Bank PLC
- Barclays Bank PLC and Jefferies Finance LLC, as mandated lead arrangers, in connection with the £130 million term facility and the £25 million revolving facility in connection with the acquisition of 100% of the issued share capital of Prezzo PLC
- Liberty Global on the creation of a first-ever tracking stock under English law for its operations in Latin America and the Caribbean (the Liberty Latin America and Caribbean Group, or "LiLAC Group")
- Motor Oil (Hellas) Corinth Refineries S.A. in its inaugural bond offering of €350 million 5.125% senior notes due 2019 (the "Notes"), issued by its wholly owned subsidiary, Motor Oil Finance plc
- Liberty Global, Inc. in connection with its US$23.3 billion acquisition of Virgin Media Inc.
- Singapore Airlines in relation to the sale of its 49% stake in Virgin Atlantic to Delta Airlines
- Ecopetrol on the English law aspects of its agreement to acquire, jointly with Talisman BP Exploration Company Colombia Limited, owner of BP’s interests and business in Colombia
- African Barrick Gold plc on its £2.3 billion IPO on the main market of the London Stock Exchange
- Banking clients in relation to a proposed major restructuring of a major UK chemicals company
New College, University of Oxford