Heiko Schiwek is a partner in the Mergers & Acquisitions practice.
He has extensive experience in U.S. domestic and cross-border M&A transactions, strategic investments and joint venture transactions.
- Dow Chemical in numerous transactions, including the $5 billion Reverse Morris Trust transaction with Olin for the chlor-alkali and derivatives business, the negotiations of the $17.4 billion K-Dow joint venture with PIC of Kuwait, the $4.8 billion strategic ownership restructuring of Dow Corning, the $1.5 billion sale of its MEGlobal joint venture interest to EQUATE, the $1.63 billion sale of Styron to Bain Capital; the sale of the global polypropylene business to Braskem, the divestiture of the global polypropylene licensing & catalysts business to W. R. Grace & Co, the sale of its interest in Nippon Unicar Company to the Tonen Group and the sale of the acid copolymers and ionomers business to SK Global Chemical Co.
- LANXESS AG in its acquisition of the clean and disinfect business of Chemours and in its acquisition of the U.S. phosphorus additives business from Solvay
- Anglo American plc in its $2.8 billion sale of an interest in AA Sur to CODELCO, a Chilean state-owned company, and Mitsui
- DaimlerChrysler AG in its disposition of an 80.1% interest in the Chrysler Group to an affiliate of Cerberus Capital Management, L.P.
- Tetra Pak in its acquisition of Carlisle Process Systems
- E.ON AG in its sale of Stinnes AG
- Siemens AG in its acquisition of U.S. Filter
- Quest Diagnostics in its acquisition of HemoCue
- GrupoSura in co-investment transactions with General Atlantic Partners and the IFC in connection with its acquisition of ING’s Latin American pensions, life insurance and investment management operations
- UBS Financial Services in its acquisition of McDonald Investment
- ABN AMRO as a financial advisor in the restructuring of the Royal Dutch/Shell Group of companies
- Groupe Danone in transactions with Kelso & Company, Suntory Water Group and The Coca-Cola Company
- ActiveHealth Management in its acquisition by Aetna
- Cinram International Inc. in its acquisition of the DVD and CD manufacturing and distribution business of AOL-Time Warner
- Deutsche Börse AG in its acquisition of Brokertec Futures Exchange and its strategic partnership with The Clearing Corporation
- Deutsche Bank AG in the sale of its worldwide custody business to State Street
University of Dresden
Pennsylvania State University, The Dickinson School of Law
Awards & Accolades
- Represented The Dow Chemical Company in its $5 billion Reverse Morris Trust transaction with Olin for the chlor-alkali and derivatives business, which was awarded Deal of the Year at the IFLR Americas Awards (2016).