Rudolf Simone-Pont is a senior associate in the International Arbitration practice.
He has experience in arbitration conducted under ICC and ICSID Rules, with focus on investment treaty arbitrations related to Central and Eastern Europe.
Rudolf has also acted as Assistant to the Tribunal in ICSID proceedings.
International arbitrations on which Rudolf Simone-Pont has worked include the representation of:
- Ukraine as Respondent in an ICSID arbitration initiated by Emergofin B.V. and Velbay Holdings Ltd. under the Ukraine-Netherlands bilateral investment treaty (ICSID Case No. ARB/16/35). The dispute relates to an aluminium and alumina production company.
- The Republic of Croatia as Respondent in an ICSID arbitration initiated by Georg Gavrilovic and Gavrilovic d.o.o. under the Croatia-Austria bilateral investment treaty (ICSID Case No. ARB/12/39). The dispute related to a food products enterprise.
- An African energy company as Respondent in an ICC arbitration in Geneva initiated by three foreign partners in relation to the performance of a production-sharing agreement. The law of the Respondent’s State applied.
- The majority shareholders in the former Yukos Oil Company in proceedings initiated by the Russian Federation before the Dutch courts to set aside the $50 billion award rendered in the arbitrations brought by the shareholders against the Russian Federation concerning the expropriation of their investments in Yukos.
B.A. in Political Science
- Solicitor, England and Wales