Rudolf Simone-Pont is a senior associate in the International Arbitration practice.
He has experience in arbitration conducted under ICC, HKIAC and ICSID Rules, with focus on investment treaty arbitrations related to Central and Eastern Europe.
Rudolf has also acted as Assistant to the Tribunal in ICSID proceedings.
International arbitrations on which Rudolf Simone-Pont has worked include the representation of:
- Ukraine, Respondent in an ICSID arbitration initiated by Emergofin B.V. and Velbay Holdings Ltd. under the Ukraine-Netherlands bilateral investment treaty (ICSID Case No. ARB/16/35). The dispute relates to an aluminium and alumina production company.
- A Middle Eastern fund, Respondent in an ICC arbitration in Paris arising from a sports sponsorship agreement. The law of the Claimant’s State applies and over €530 million is at stake.
- A private equity fund and its founder in ICC and HKIAC arbitrations initiated by the fund’s general partner and an alleged investor in the fund, as well as in related domestic court proceedings in multiple jurisdictions. The arbitrations each concerned ownership of various entities in the fund structure. Hong Kong and Cayman Islands law applied.
- The Republic of Croatia, Respondent in an ICSID arbitration initiated by Georg Gavrilovic and Gavrilovic d.o.o. under the Croatia-Austria bilateral investment treaty (ICSID Case No. ARB/12/39). The dispute related to a food products enterprise.
- An African energy company, Respondent in an ICC arbitration in Geneva initiated by three foreign partners in relation to the performance of a production-sharing agreement. The law of the Respondent’s State applied.
- The majority shareholders in the former Yukos Oil Company in proceedings initiated by the Russian Federation before the Dutch courts to set aside the $50 billion award rendered in the arbitrations brought by the shareholders against the Russian Federation concerning the expropriation of their investments in Yukos.
B.A. in Political Science
- Solicitor, England and Wales
- Paris (foreign qualified lawyer)