Paul Simpson is counsel in the Project Development & Finance practice.
He focuses on project financing and other structured finance transactions and represents sponsors, financiers (including multilaterals, export credit agencies and Islamic institutions) and other project participants on a wide range of energy and natural resource projects.
- The western financial investors on the financing and gas transportation arrangement for Nord Stream II.
- HSBC and JP Morgan in connection with the US$1.75 billion financing for Delek Drilling and Avner Oil Exploration to finance the exploration and development of their interest in the Leviathan natural gas field offshore Israel.
- HSBC and BNP Paribas in connection with the US$250 million financing for Ratio Oil Exploration to finance the exploration and development of its interest in the Leviathan natural gas field offshore Israel.
- IFC on the restructuring of loans to a business in Moldova.
- The lenders on the proposed reserve based lending and limited recourse project financing of an offshore oil & gas project in Egypt.
- K-sure and the commercial lenders in relation to the development and financing of the Bahrain LNG terminal.
- JBIC and the commercial lenders on the development and financing of the $3.5 billion 2,500MW and 140MIGD Facility D IWPP in Qatar.
- The lenders to the consortium comprising ACWA Power with respect to the engineering, procurement, construction, operation, development, financing and design of the 200 MW (260MWp) Saih al Dahal independent power generation plant in Dubai using solar photovoltaic (PV) technology, the first private sector solar project in Dubai.
- Sasol and Electricidade de Mocambique E.P. in connection with the development and financing of a 175MW gas engine power project in Mozambique involving financing provided by IFC, Proparco, DEG and FMO and also involving a MIGA-covered facility provided by ABSA.
- Advising 12 export credit agencies and a development bank in connection with the proposed project financing of the multibillion Yamal LNG project in Russia.
- Saudi Aramco on the project financing for Sadara Chemical Company, its joint venture with The Dow Chemical Company, to build and operate a $20 billion world-scale integrated chemicals and plastics complex located in Jubail Industrial City, Saudi Arabia.
Oxford Institute of Legal Practice
Oxford Brookes University
Post-Graduate Diploma in Advanced Study in Law
- Paul co-authored the article “Gebze goes merchant” in Project Finance International Report, September 2011