Alex Skelton is a senior associate in the Mergers & Acquisitions practice.
Alex advises on a range of corporate transactions, including cross-border public and private mergers and acquisitions, private equity and joint ventures.
- Acacia Mining plc on the £1.2 billion recommended offer from Barrick Gold Corporation.
- Boston Scientific Corporation on its $4.2 billion recommended offer to acquire BTG plc.
- A consortium of investors led by Metric Capital Partners on the acquisition of Sanovel.
- Apse Capital on its acquisition of Kallidus.
- International Chemical Investors on its acquisition of Catexel.
- Investcorp on its strategic investment in China Everbright.
- GMT Communications on its sale of DOCUgroup.
- Intercontinental Exchange Inc., on its £550 million sale of Trayport to the TMX Group.
- Intercontinental Exchange Inc., on its acquisition of the TMX Group's National Gas Exchange and Shorcan Energy businesses.
- DBAY vehicle on its public-to-private takeover of Creston plc.
- Virgin Media Limited on its acquisition of Arqiva Wifi Limited from the Arqiva group.
- Qatar Investment Authority on its £2.6 billion offer for Songbird Estates plc and the follow-on £4.1 billion offer for Canary Wharf Group plc.
- Intercontinental Exchange Inc., on its $650 million acquisition of Trayport paid in common stock.
- Electra Private Equity plc on the sale of its interests in Retirement Bridge.
- Electra Private Equity plc on the sale of its interests in CALA Group.
- Senior management of Unilabs on its acquisition by Apax Partners.
- CPPIB on its £1.1 billion investment in the merger of O2 and Three alongside Hutchison Whampoa.
- NetSuite Inc., on its acquisition of Venda Limited.
- Private equity consortium Zimt Holding on its acquisition of BFP Wholesale Limited from Lesaffre.
- JD Sports Fashion Plc on its investment in Mainline Menswear Holdings Limited.
- Chop’d Limited on the sale of a 33% equity interest to Calculus Capital.
BPP Law School
BPP Law School
University of York
B.A., History (First Class)