Isla Smith is a senior associate in the London Mergers & Acquisitions practice.
She advises on a range of cross-border public and private M&A transactions covering different industry sectors, as well as general corporate governance advice.
- Tetra Laval group on its acquisition of Avon Rubber p.l.c.’s milkrite | InterPuls business for approximately £180 million.
- DBAY Advisors Limited on the acquisition of a 51% stake in the trading entities of Eddie Stobart Logistics plc and the associated recapitalisation of the business.
- Intercontinental Exchange on its partnership with Abu Dhabi National Oil Company and nine of the world’s largest energy traders to establish ICE Futures Abu Dhabi, a new Murban oil exchange.
- Thomas Cook (India) Limited on the acquisition of certain intellectual property assets.
- MS Pharma Ventures Holding on its acquisition of Genepharm SA.
- Discovery, Inc. on its agreement with BBC Studios to separate their 50/50 UKTV joint venture following which the parties hold UKTV's former lifestyle and entertainment businesses respectively.
- The Supreme Petroleum Council of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi and the Abu Dhabi National Oil Company on the granting of interests in the new round of offshore oil concessions.
- General Electric on the combination of its oil and gas business with Baker Hughes.
- Unibail-Rodamco on its proposed $25 billion acquisition of Westfield Corporation.
- General Electric on the sale of its commercial lending and leasing business to a consortium backed by AION Capital Partners.
- Liberty Global plc on its $8.2 billion acquisition of Cable & Wireless Communications plc.
- Anglo American plc on the sale of its Anglo American Norte copper business in Chile to an investor consortium led by Audley Capital.
- Canada Square Operations Limited on its sale of a portfolio of UK first charge residential mortgages to Metro Bank plc.
- Liberty Global on the creation of a tracking stock under English Law for its operation in Latin America and the Caribbean (the Liberty Latin America and Caribbean Group, or "LiLAC Group").
Kaplan Law School
Legal Practice Course (Distinction)
University of Oxford, St Catherine's College