Isla Smith is an associate in the London Mergers & Acquisitions practice.
She focuses on public and private M&A and private equity transactions covering different industry sectors, as well as general corporate governance advice.
- The Supreme Petroleum Council of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi and the Abu Dhabi National Oil Company in the granting of interests in the new round of offshore oil concessions.
- General Electric on the combination of its oil and gas business with Baker Hughes.
- Unibail-Rodamco on its proposed $25 billion acquisition of Westfield Corporation.
- General Electric on the sale of its commercial lending and leasing business to a consortium backed by AION Capital Partners.
- Liberty Global plc on its $8.2 billion acquisition of Cable & Wireless Communications plc.
- Anglo American plc on the sale of its Anglo American Norte copper business in Chile to an investor consortium led by Audley Capital.
- Canada Square Operations Limited in its sale of a portfolio of UK first charge residential mortgages to Metro Bank plc.
- Liberty Global on the creation of a tracking stock under English Law for its operation in Latin America and the Caribbean (the Liberty Latin America and Caribbean Group, or "LiLAC Group").
- Holders of subordinated notes issued by The Co-Operative Bank plc in connection with its £1.5bn restructuring and acquisition of control by such holders.
- Liberty Global plc on its ongoing corporate governance compliance matters.
- A market leader in the oil and gas sector on its potential strategic acquisitions.
Kaplan Law School
Legal Practice Course (Distinction)
University of Oxford, St Catherine's College