Marija Sobat is an associate in the International Arbitration practice.
Her experience includes international arbitrations conducted under ICSID and CRCICA Rules, with a focus on investment and energy disputes.
International arbitrations on which Marija Sobat has worked include the representation of:
- Ukraine in an ICSID arbitration initiated by Emergofin B.V. and Velbay Holdings under the Netherlands-Ukraine bilateral investment treaty (ICSID Case No. ARB/16/35). The dispute relates to an aluminium and alumina production company.
- Rasia FZE and Joseph K. Borkowski, Claimants in an ICSID arbitration brought against the Republic of Armenia under the U.S.-Armenia bilateral investment treaty and two concession agreements concluded with the State (ICSID Case No. ARB/18/28). The dispute arose out of two concession agreements to develop, maintain and operate both a rail network and a high speed road network in Southern Armenia. Over $260 million was at stake.
- Egyptian Natural Gas Holding Company (EGAS) and Egyptian General Petroleum Corporation (EGPC), Claimants in a CRCICA arbitration in Cairo with East Mediterranean Gas S.A.E. (EMG), arising out of a long term gas supply contract between EGAS, EGPC and EMG.
Harvard Law School
Geneva Law School and Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies
LL.M. in International Dispute Settlement - MIDS (Hans Wilsdorf Scholar)
University of Rome, “La Sapienza”
Second Level Master in International Commercial Law
University of Belgrade
- Member, Young International Council for Commercial Arbitration (ICCA)
- Member, ICDR Young & International
- Member, LCIA Young International Arbitration Group (YIAG)
- Co-founder, Harvard International Arbitration Law Students Association (HIALSA)