Don Song is an associate in the Emerging Growth practice. Don’s practice focuses on corporate and securities matters, including company formation, venture capital financings, capital markets and mergers & acquisitions.
Prior to joining the firm, Don served as a Public Interest Law Initiative (PILI) Fellow at the Young Center for Immigrant Children’s Rights.
- Represented financial services software platform Pilot in its $60 million Series C financing
- Represented video-streaming platform Restream, Inc. in its $50 million Series A financing
- Represented a neurotherapeutics company in its $3 million equity financing
- Represented a medical device company in its $8 million Series A financing
- Represented a healthcare software platform in its Series Seed financing
- Represented a medical device manufacturer in its Series Seed financing
- Represented a real estate investor in its investment in a co-working space collective
- Represented a field sales software provider in its $4.5 million Series A financing
- Represented a developer of a robotic coffee system in several equity financings
- Represented a venture capital firm in its Series A investment in an AI-empowered construction company
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Represented VMware, Inc. in its acquisitions of Octarine Labs, Inc., Datrium, Inc., and Salt Stack, Inc.
- Represented an employee benefits platform in its sale to a mutual holding company
- Represented a service assurance analytics and network performance management provider in its sale to a telecommunications company
- Representing cryptocurrency exchange Bakkt Holdings, LLC in its agreement to merge with special purpose acquisition company (SPAC) VPC Impact Acquisition Holdings (NASDAQ: VIH), a transaction with an enterprise value of approximately $2.1 billion
- Represented Ibere Pharmaceuticals, a blank check company formed for the purpose of effecting a merger in the pharmaceutical and life sciences industries, in its $138 million initial public offering
University of Chicago Law School
B.A. (With Honors, Dean's List)