Fredric Sosnick is the Financial Restructuring & Insolvency Team Leader.
He focuses on advising clients in connection with large and complex domestic and international out-of-court restructurings and U.S. Chapter 11 cases.
Fred represents debtors, official creditors’ committees, lender groups, DIP lenders, creditors and acquirers of assets. His clients include Bank of America, Barclays, Citigroup and Deutsche Bank, among others.
- Sears Holding Corporation Chapter 11 Cases: Representing Sears Hometown and Outlet Stores Inc. in its Chapter 11 cases
- Odebrecht, S.A.: Representing GSP bridge lenders in restructuring of Odebrecht S.A.
- Puerto Rico Electric Power Authority (“PREPA”) Promesa Case: Representing EcoEléctrica L.P. as one of the largest suppliers to the PREPA
- Toys “R” Us Inc. Chapter 11 Cases: Representing Bank of America N.A. as administrative and collateral agent under a secured credit facility totaling over $1 billion
- Pacific Drilling Inc. Chapter 11 cases: Represented Citibank, N.A. as agent and lender under a revolving credit agreement for Pacific Drilling S.A.
- Gasoducto Sur Peruano S.A. Peruvian INDECOPI Proceedings: Representing Natixis as administrative agent and lender under a term loan agreement guaranteed by Odebrecht S.A., Odebrecht Latinvest Peru Ductos S.A., and Graña y Montero
- Barbados Sovereign Debt Restructuring: Represented Barbados Creditor Group in connection with restructuring of the sovereign debt of Barbados
- Westinghouse Electric Company LLC Chapter 11 Cases: Represented Citibank, N.A. as administrative agent, collateral agent and letter of credit issuer under the $800 million post-petition financing for Westinghouse Electric Company LLC
- Nuverra Environmental Solutions, Inc. Prepackaged Chapter 11 Cases: Representing Nuverra Environmental Solutions, Inc. and its affiliates as debtors in their prepackaged Chapter 11 cases
- Energy Future International Holding Company LLC and EFIH Finance Inc. Chapter 11 Cases: Represented Citibank as administrative and collateral agent in connection with a $5.4 billion superpriority priming DIP refinancing facility. Represented Deutsche Bank in connection with the original DIP loan made to EFIH.
- The Boston Herald Chapter 11 Cases: Representing the Boston Globe as a major unsecured creditor/contract counterparty of HMH Media Inc.
- Samarco Mineração S.A. Restructuring: Represented Bank of America N.A. as lender under a bilateral facility for Samarco Mineração S.A.
- Groupo Isolux Corsan S.A.: Represent Chapter 15 debtors in connection with its Spanish and Dutch Prepackaged Proceedings.
- Inversora Eléctrica de Buenos Aires S.A.: Represented Chapter 15 debtor in connection with its Acuerdo Preventivo Extrajudicial (APE) proceeding in Argentina
- SunEdison Chapter 11 Cases: Represented Citibank, N.A. as DIP lender and in connection with certain other exposure to SunEdison and its affiliates
- Sabine Oil & Gas Corporation Chapter 11 Cases: Represented Barclays as lender in connection with the Chapter 11 cases of Sabine Oil & Gas Corporation
- Lupatech S.A.: Represented Chapter 15 debtor in connection with its Brazilian bankruptcy proceedings
- Foresight Energy L.P. Restructuring: Represented Citibank, N.A. as administrative agent under Foresight Energy LP’s revolving credit agreement and term loan facility in connection with an agreed out-of-court restructuring
The American University Washington College of Law
State University of New York at Albany
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- Rated as ”Highly Regarded” in the Financial and Corporate section of the 2019 IFLR1000—The Guide to the World’s Leading Financial Law Firms
- Featured as a Top Rated Creditor / Debtor Right Attorney in Super Lawyers
- Received an M&A Advisor Turnaround Award for Shearman & Sterling LLP’s representation of Nuverra Environmental Solutions