Howard Steinberg is Of Counsel in the Project Development & Finance practice.
He focuses on the development, acquisition, restructuring and privatization of projects around the world. His focus is the contracts related to the business of the projects.
Howard represents sponsors, lenders, underwriters, multi-lateral agencies, off-takers, suppliers, and contractors.
- Abengoa on a $120 million bridge financing related to the production and treatment of groundwater and an approximately 142 mile water transmission system from Burleson County to San Antonio, Texas.
- IFC and the China Mexico Fund on its $200 million investment in Citla Energy
- sPower as sponsor on the $434 million financing, comprised of a tax equity investment and construction and term loan, related to the development of the three Beacon photovoltaic solar power plants in California
- Fortistar and PERC Holdings on an arrangement agreement for, and debt and equity commitments for, the acquisition of all of the outstanding common shares of Primary Energy Recycling Corporation
- IFC on its equity stake in Delonex Energy to fund the company’s oil and gas exploration in East and Central Africa
- Lenders on multiple aspects of the proposed $7.33 billion Gasoducto Sur Perúano project, a more than 1,000 km gas pipeline in Peru. This was one of the largest infrastructure projects to come to market in the history of Peru’s energy sector
- Sasol and its affiliated on the entry by Sasol Chemical North America LLC into a 50/50 joint venture with INEOS to finance a high-density polyethylene plant in LaPorte, Texas
New York University School of Law
Columbia University, Graduate School of Business
Awards & Accolades
- Ranked for Latin America-wide Projects by Chambers Latin America (2016)
- Clients tell Chambers Latin America that Howard is “very practical” and focuses “on what needs to be done to solve a problem.”