Michael Steinberg is a partner in the Finance practice.
He focuses on various types of transactions involving leveraged acquisition financing, and also specialized finance structures, including securitization and asset-backed finance, as well as unsecured and secured bank financings generally, with experience in asset classes such as motion pictures, pharmaceuticals and aircraft.
Mike represents financial institutions, major corporations, investment funds and financial sponsors. His clients include BAML, Jefferies, JPMorgan Chase & Co., Citibank and Morgan Stanley.
Mike was Clerk at the British Columbia Court of Appeals from 2001 to 2002.
- Citibank, N.A. as Agent on a $6.3 billion DIP financing for Energy Future Intermediate Holding Company LLC and EFIH Finance Inc., consisting of a $5.475 billion senior secured DIP term loan facility and a $825 million senior secured delayed draw DIP term loan facility
- UBS Securities LLC, as a joint lead arranger and bookrunner, in connection with $475 million financing, consisting of a $320 million first lien term loan facility, a $40 million first lien revolving facility and a $115 million second lien term loan facility, related to KKR's acquisition of C.H.I. Overhead Doors, Inc. from FFL Partners
- JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. as administrative agent and the joint lead arrangers and bookrunners in connection with a $2.2 billion senior secured refinancing for LPL Holdings, Inc.
- JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A., as administrative agent, in connection with a $1.8 billion financing, including a $1.5 billion Term Loan A and a $250 million revolving credit facility, in connection with the spin transaction of the sports business of Madison Square Garden
- Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Incorporated, J.P. Morgan Securities LLC, BNP Paribas Securities Corp., Citigroup Global Markets Inc., Credit Agricole Corporate & Investment Bank, Morgan Stanley Senior Funding, Inc. and RBS Securities Inc., as joint lead arrangers and bookrunners, and Bank of America, N.A., as agent, in connection with the $2.1 billion second amendment and restatement of an existing multi-facility, multi-currency credit agreement for Sealed Air Corporation and various of its affiliates
- J.P. Morgan Securities LLC, UBS Securities LLC, Goldman Sachs Bank USA, Morgan Stanley MUFG Loan Partners, LLC (acting through The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, LTD.), Morgan Stanley Senior Funding, Inc. and Citigroup Global Markets Inc., as joint lead arrangers and joint bookrunners, and BMO Capital Markets, KeyBank National Association and Fifth Third Bank, as joint lead arrangers, in connection with a $647 million financing related to TPG Capital’s acquisition of The Warranty Group, Inc. from Onex Corporation
- Bank of America, N.A., as administrative agent, and Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Incorporated, as joint lead arranger and bookrunner, in connection with a $650 million aggregate financing, including a $250 million revolving credit facility, a $110 million Term A-1 facility and a $290 million Term A-2 facility, related to the spin-off of the Performance Fibers business of Rayonier Inc. from its Forest Resources and Real Estate businesses
- J.P. Morgan Securities LLC, as sole lead arranger, in connection with a new $500 million senior secured revolving credit facility for MSG Holdings, L.P.
- Bank of America, N.A., as lead arranger, in connection with a senior secured financing related to the acquisition of Aztec Group by Information Resources, Inc.
- Jefferies Finance LLC, as administrative agent, collateral agent and sole lead arranger and bookrunner, in connection with an acquisition financing, comprised of a first lien term loan, a revolving credit facility, and a second lien term loan, related to the acquisition by Advent International Corporation of all the equity interests of the U.S. and Canadian subsidiaries of P2 Energy Solutions, Inc., a software and data services provider to the upstream oil and gas industry, from Vista Equity Partners
- Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Incorporated, and with Wells Fargo Securities, LLC, and Houlihan Lokey Capital, Inc. as joint bookrunning managers, in connection with the private placement by Wise Metals Group LLC and Wise Alloys Finance Corporation of $650 million aggregate principal amount of their 8.75% Senior Secured Notes due 2018. The notes, a new asset-based revolving credit facility, entered into by Wise Alloys LLC, as borrower, Wise Group and certain of its subsidiaries, as guarantors, concurrently with the notes offering, and an advance facility, entered into by Wise Alloys LLC with Rexam Beverage Can Company, have an intercreditor arrangement with cross priority on collateral
- Goldman Sachs, RBC Capital Markets and Macquarie Capital (USA) Inc. as joint lead arrangers and joint bookrunners in connection with a $475 million first lien financing and a $170 million second lien financing related to the acquisition of TNT Crane & Rigging, Inc. by First Reserve Corporation from of Odyssey Investment Partners, LLC
University of British Columbia Law School
University of British Columbia
Awards & Accolades
- Mike is noted as a Rising Star by IFLR1000 (2017)