Michael Steinberg is a partner in the Finance practice.
He focuses on various types of transactions involving leveraged acquisition financing, and also specialized finance structures, including securitization and asset-backed finance, as well as unsecured and secured bank financings generally, with experience in asset classes such as motion pictures, pharmaceuticals and aircraft.
Mike represents financial institutions, major corporations, investment funds and financial sponsors. His clients include BAML, Jefferies, JPMorgan Chase & Co., Citibank and Morgan Stanley.
Mike was Clerk at the British Columbia Court of Appeals from 2001 to 2002.
- Citibank, N.A. as Agent on a $6.3 billion DIP financing for Energy Future Intermediate Holding Company LLC and EFIH Finance Inc., consisting of a $5.475 billion senior secured DIP term loan and a $825 million senior secured delayed draw DIP term loan
- Bank of America, N.A., as administrative agent on behalf of a syndicate of lenders, in a restructuring of the $890 million senior secured credit facilities of Rayonier Advanced Materials Inc. to provide financial covenant relief to Rayonier and credit enhancements to the lenders
- UBS Securities LLC, as a joint lead arranger and bookrunner, in connection with $475 million of secured financing facilities related to KKR's acquisition of C.H.I. Overhead Doors, Inc. from FFL Partners
- JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. as administrative agent and the joint lead arrangers and bookrunners in connection with a $2.2 billion senior secured refinancing for LPL Holdings, Inc.
- BofA Securities, Inc., J.P. Morgan Securities LLC, BNP Paribas Securities Corp., Citigroup Global Markets Inc., Credit Agricole Corporate & Investment Bank, Morgan Stanley Senior Funding, Inc. and RBS Securities Inc., as joint lead arrangers in connection with the $2.1 billion second amendment and restatement of an existing multi-facility, multi-currency credit agreement for Sealed Air Corporation
- Credit Suisse Loan Funding LLC, Capital One, National Association, HSBC Securities (USA) Inc. and Regions Bank, as joint lead arrangers on a $420 million senior secured financing for Upland Software, Inc.
- Vice Media, as borrower, in a $250 million term loan financing, arranged and agented by investment firm 23 Capital, with a number of financial and investment entities as lenders
- JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A., BofA Securities, Inc., MUFG Bank, Ltd. and other leading financial institutions, as joint lead arrangers, in a $1,350,000,000 refinancing of the senior secured credit facilities of MSGN Holdings, L.P.
- Global Atlantic Financial Group, as arranger and an affiliate of Global Atlantic, as initial lender, on a senior secured asset-backed revolving “loan warehouse” credit facility
- Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith and PNC Capital Markets LLC as lead arrangers, in a $1,200,000,000 refinancing of the senior secured credit facilities of Steel Dynamics, Inc.
- Jefferies Finance LLC, Ares Capital Management LLC and BMO Capital Corp., as lead arrangers, in a $265 million first lien secured financing in connection with KKR’s acquisition of Project Silverback Holdings Corp. from Thoma Bravo
- Lucky Bucks, LLC, as borrower, in a $100 million delayed-draw term loan facility
- J.P. Morgan Securities LLC, UBS Securities LLC, Goldman Sachs Bank USA, Morgan Stanley MUFG Loan Partners, LLC (acting through The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, LTD.), Morgan Stanley Senior Funding, Inc. and Citigroup Global Markets Inc., as joint lead arrangers and joint bookrunners, and BMO Capital Markets, KeyBank National Association and Fifth Third Bank, as joint lead arrangers, in connection with a $647 million financing related to TPG Capital’s acquisition of The Warranty Group, Inc. from Onex Corporation
- Bank of America, N.A., as lead arranger, in connection with a senior secured financing related to the acquisition of Aztec Group by Information Resources, Inc.
- Jefferies Finance LLC, as administrative agent, collateral agent and sole lead arranger and bookrunner, in connection with an acquisition financing, comprised of a first lien term loan, a revolving credit facility, and a second lien term loan, related to the acquisition by Advent International Corporation of all the equity interests of the U.S. and Canadian subsidiaries of P2 Energy Solutions, Inc., a software and data services provider to the upstream oil and gas industry, from Vista Equity Partners
- Goldman Sachs, RBC Capital Markets and Macquarie Capital (USA) Inc. as joint lead arrangers and joint bookrunners in connection with a $475 million first lien financing and a $170 million second lien financing related to the acquisition of TNT Crane & Rigging, Inc. by First Reserve Corporation from of Odyssey Investment Partners, LLC
University of British Columbia Law School
University of British Columbia
Awards & Accolades
- Mike is noted as a Rising Star by IFLR1000 (2017)