Antonia Stolper is the Americas Regional Managing Partner, Head of the Latin America affinity group and a member of Shearman & Sterling’s Capital Markets-Americas practice.
Antonia represents Latin American corporate and sovereign issuers and their underwriters in debt and equity securities offerings and issuers, dealer managers and creditors on restructuring transactions in Latin America. In addition, she advises a number of Latin American issuers on their ongoing SEC reporting requirements and corporate governance matters.
Antonia represents corporate, financial institution and sovereign clients including Ecopetrol, CABEI, Intercorp, Volaris and Banco de Chile.
She frequently chairs Practising Law Institute panels.
Sovereign and Sub-Sovereigns
- The initial purchasers in all of the Republic of Argentina’s debt offerings since and including Argentina’s record breaking $16.5 billion offering in April 2016 in settlement of holdout litigation
- The initial purchasers in connection with various debt offerings made by the Province of Buenos Aires and the Province of Neuquén and the Province of Córdoba in its bond offerings
- The underwriters or initial purchasers for the Republics of Uruguay, Peru, El Salvador and Honduras in various debt offerings
- The Republic of Trinidad and Tobago in various debt offerings
- Banco Nacional de Costa Rica, in connection with the offering of senior notes
- Banco de Costa Rica in its inaugural international offering of investment grade notes
- Citigroup Global Markets Inc., as consent solicitation agent, in connection with the solicitation of consents by Belize to amend terms of the outstanding amount of its U.S. dollar bonds
- Central Bank for Economic Integration - CABEI, COFIDE in Peru and Findeter in Colombia in various debt offerings
- The initial purchasers for Fondo MIVIVIENDA S.A. in connection with its various debt offerings
- The joint book-running managers in connection with an offering of senior notes by Grupo Cementos de Chihuahua, S.A.B. de C.V.
- SURA Asset Management S.A. in connection with a private offering of senior guaranteed notes as well as in its inaugural Rule 144A/Reg. S offering
- Grupo de Inversiones Suramericana S.A. in connection with the issuance of notes by Gruposura Finance
- The initial purchasers in connection with a secondary equity offering by Cemex, S.A.B de C.V., as selling shareholder, pursuant to a registered public offering in Mexico and a Rule 144A/Regulation S offering outside of Mexico of shares of common stock of Grupo Cementos de Chihuahua, S.A.B. de C.V.
- The initial purchasers in The Central America Bottling Corporation’s offering of senior guaranteed notes
- Alicorp S.A. in connection with a tender offer of its senior notes
- Intercorp Peru Ltd, in a tender offer for outstanding notes and issuance of high yield notes
- The global coordinators in connection with the initial public offering of CBFIs by FIBRA Prologis, listed on the Mexican Stock Exchange
- Mastellone Hermanos S.A. in connection with its notes offering and exchange and tender offers
- The initial purchasers in connection with Banco Hipotecario S.A.’s various notes offerings
- Volaris in connection with the filing of an automatic shelf registration and the secondary share sale by selling shareholders
- The global coordinators for Elementia, S.A. de C.V.’s offering of senior unsecured high yield notes
- InRetail Consumer in connection with various debt offerings
- Banco Internacional del Peru - Interbank in its Tier 2 notes offering
- Banco de Chile and the selling shareholder in the SEC-registered secondary offering of Banco de Chile ADS
Oil and Energy
- Citigroup Global Markets Inc. and Credit Suisse Securities (USA) LLC, as initial purchasers, in connection with the initial public offering of Vista Oil & Gas, S.A.B. de C.V.
- AES Argentina Generación S.A., in connection with its offering of senior notes
- AES Gener S.A. in connection with an offering to refinance the Bentanas project financing
- Kallpa Generación S.A. in connection with its issuance of senior notes
- AES Andres B.V., AES Andres DR, S.A., Dominican Power Partners and Empresa Generadora de Electricidad Itabo, S.A. in connection with the issuance of notes
- Empresa Electrica Guacolda S.A. in connection with an international offering of fixed rate investment grade senior notes to refinance its project financing
- Empresa Electrica Angamos in connection with its offering of senior secured notes to refinance its project financing
- Ecopetrol in connection with multiple shelf takedowns and public offerings, including a $2.5 billion public offering of senior notes, the first time in four years that Ecopetrol has accessed the international capital markets
- E.CL S.A., a Chilean power company, in connection with its senior notes offering
New York University School of Law
- Member of the Executive Committee, Committee for the Cyrus R. Vance Center for International Justice Initiatives, New York City Bar Association
- Board Member, Council of the Americas
Awards & Accolades
- Lifetime Achievement for Furthering Gender Diversity and Inclusion in the Legal Profession, Chambers Women in Law Awards, 2017
- Band 1 in Latin America-wide Capital Markets, Chambers Latin America (2016)
- Band 1 in Latin American Investment in Chambers Global (2016)
- Latin America’s Top Lawyers (2017)
- Latin America’s Top 100 Female Lawyers (2016) for Capital Markets
- Outstanding Contribution to the Legal Profession, Chambers Latin America, 2015
- National Law Journal’s Outstanding Women Lawyers in 2015
- Selected by Latinvex in 2017 as among Latin America’s top 50 female lawyers