Paul is the Global Head of the Private Capital Industry Group and a partner in the Mergers & Acquisitions practice.
Paul has over 20 years’ experience in cross-border M&A and private equity transactions, including public and private company acquisitions, leveraged buyouts, minority investments, strategic alliances, joint ventures and asset sales across a wide range of industries. He has advised buyers, special committees and financial advisors on over 30 “going private” transactions involving U.S.-listed companies. Paul also heads the Asia private equity practice and regularly advises private equity and sovereign wealth funds on Asian inbound and outbound investments.
- Goldman Sachs as financial advisor to The Saudi British Bank in its US$5 billion merger with Alawwal Bank
- InvestCorp on its strategic investment in China Everbright.
- EDP on the US$11 billion tender offer by China Three Gorges for the outstanding shares of EDP.
- UST Global on its strategic investment by Temasek.
- The Olayan Group on its investments in National Energy Services Reunited Corp and NPS Holdings Limited.
- Citic Capital on its investment in Formel D.
- JP Morgan as financial advisor to iKang Healthcare Group on its $1.15 billion acquisition by Yunfeng Capital and Alibaba.
- Morgan Stanley as financial advisor to Alibaba on its $4.2 billion acquisition of Youku Tudou Inc.
- CPPIB on various investments, including in Postal Savings Bank of China.
- The special committees of the boards of directors of Mindray Medical, AsiaInfo-Linkage, Pactera Technology and iDreamsky on their respective leveraged buyout transactions.
- Nidera B.V. on its $1.2 billion sale of a majority stake to COFCO.
- Bain Capital on various investments, including in VXI Global Solutions and its sale to Carlyle.
- Tiger Group Investments on its $5 billion shipping joint venture with The Carlyle Group.
New York University School of Law
- New York
- Hong Kong
Awards & Accolades
- Named a “Leading Lawyer” for M&A and Private Equity by IFLR’s Guide to the World’s Leading Law Firms (2017)
- Recognized as a “Notable Practitioner” for Corporate/M&A and Private Equity by Chambers Asia (2017)
- Co-author, “Private mergers and acquisitions in the United States,” Thomson Reuters Practical Law (2018).