Jonathan is counsel in the Litigation practice.
Jonathan has significant experience advising financial institutions, corporates and professional services firms on a broad range of disputes, with a focus on financial services, cross-jurisdictional insolvencies, financial fraud, TMT and contentious regulatory matters. He was recently recognized as a Rising Star by The Legal 500 for Banking Litigation.
- ENKA in ENKA v OOO "Insurance Company Chubb", obtaining an anti-suit injunction restraining Russian proceedings brought in breach of an arbitration agreement and indemnity costs. The decision of the Court of Appeal represents an important one in the clarification of the English Court's supervisory
) role in relation to arbitrations seated in the jurisdiction and the relevance of the seat to the determination of the proper law of an arbitration agreement.
- Major global financial institution in relation to multiple sets of proceedings in the High Court and various cross-jurisdictional issues relating to a $500 million arbitral award and $22 billion asset freeze obtained by a third party against the Republic of Kazakhstan.
- Major accounting firm as liquidators of the Saad group of companies in its dispute with the Saudi-based Algosaibi family, including in relation to the trial in the Cayman Islands of one of the largest ever financial frauds and various related insolvency proceedings and disputes in multiple jurisdictions.
- Big Four firm as special liquidators of Irish Bank Resolution Corporation Limited, including proceedings in the High Court and other disputes arising in connection with the bank's liquidation.
- Big Four firm in connection with Lehman Brothers' UK administration.
- A FTSE100 company in relation to a major IT outage affecting its business globally.
- A large UK building supplies company in connection with a contentious IT transformation project.
- One of the largest UK pension funds in relation to the exiting of a major IT transformation project.
University of New South Wales
- Supreme Court of NSW - Australia