Gregory Tan is the Global Head of the Firm’s Project Development & Finance practice.
He focuses on project development, limited recourse and structured financings and restructurings in the infrastructure and energy sectors.
Gregory represents sponsors and lenders, leading financial institutions, funds and corporations, such as Citigroup, Calyon and numerous regional development banks and multilateral institutions.
- The borrowers and sponsors in connection with the approximate $235 million financing for the development, construction and operation of two solar photovoltaic projects in Mexico – Solem I, a 150-MWac solar photovoltaic power plant and Solem II, a 140-MWac solar photovoltaic power plant. The two projects combined will become the largest photovoltaic solar power plant in Mexico and Latin America to date
- Two joint venture companies formed by GE and YPF, in connection with the limited-recourse financing for the construction of two gas-fired power stations located in the provinces of Neuquén and Tucumán in Argentina
- The sponsors, in connection with the $1.2 billion project financing related to the development and construction of the Waha-San Elizario and Waha-Presidio natural gas pipeline projects, to carry gas for Mexico’s National Electricity Commission (CFE)
- Designated lenders’ and underwriters’ counsel on the financing for the $5.7 billion acquisition of ITR Concession Company LLC (ITRCC), concessionaire and operator of the Indiana Toll Road
- Carso Gasoducto, as borrower and affiliates, in connection with an 18-year nonrecourse $535 million project financing for the development of an approximately 630-km natural gas pipeline running from Samalayuca, Chihuahua to Sásabe, Sonora in Mexico
- The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, Ltd, Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation and Santander Bank, N.A., as lenders, to EdgeConneX on a financing for a cloud-enabled edge data center in Illinois leased to Microsoft Corporation
- Credit Agricole Corporate and Investment Bank, ING Capital, National Australia Bank Limited, Siemens Financial Services, SunTrust Bank and Wells Fargo Bank, as joint lead arrangers, on a $300 million senior secured financing relating to the 512-MW electrical generating facility located in Bayonne, New Jersey and an undersea cable interconnecting such facility with ConEd’s Gowanus Substation located in Brooklyn, New York
- The lenders and the underwriters in connection with the bank/bond financing related to the $4.7 billion acquisition of Cleco Corporate Holdings LLC, formerly known as Cleco Corporation, owner of regulated electric utility company Cleco Power LLC, by a group of North American infrastructure investors led by Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets and British Columbia Investment Management Corporation, along with John Hancock Financial and other infrastructure investors
- Credit Agricole Corporate and Investment Bank, Natixis, New York Branch, among others, as lenders, in connection with the approximately $890 million senior secured financing related to the development, construction, operation and maintenance of the Los Ramones II Sur gas transportation system, sponsored by Pemex and GDF Suez
- Nederlandse Financierings-Maatschappij voor Ontwikkelingslanden N.V. (FMO) and Société de Promotion et de Participation pour la Coopération Economique (PROPARCO) in connection with the $144 million financing for the development of an 80-MW portfolio of four wind projects located in Costa Rica
- Minera Frisco, S.A.B. de C.V.in connection with a $1.1 billion financing related to its acquisition of AuRicoGold de México, S.A. de C.V.
King's College London
King's College London
- New York
- England and Wales
- Hong Kong
Awards & Accolades
- Ranked Band 2 for Projects by Chambers USA (2017) and Band 1 Latin America-wide for Projects and Band 2 Latin America-wide for Energy and Natural Resources by Chambers Latin America (2016)
- Named a Leading Lawyer for Project Finance by The Legal 500 US (2017) and for Projects and Energy by The Legal 500 Latin America (2016). Clients tell Chambers & Partners that “[Gregory] understands the problems and he always finds a solution,” and “a great lawyer who is very collaborative,” adding that “he’s very intelligent” and “a top-tier lawyer.”