Nathan Tasso is a partner in the Tax practice.
He focuses on both corporate tax matters and tax controversies. He regularly advises on the tax aspects of financial transactions, financial products, corporate mergers and acquisitions and joint ventures. He also represents clients in federal tax disputes.
Nathan represents a broad range of clients including Viacom, Bank of America and BNP Paribas
- Represented the Estate of Andrew J. McKelvey, the founder of Monster.com, in its victory in the United States Tax Court in a case of first impression involving the extension of forward contracts.
- Viacom Inc. on the acquisition by Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer (MGM) of the 80.91% aggregate membership interests in EPIX held by Viacom, Paramount and Lionsgate for approximately $1.032 billion, based on a total value of the company of $1.275 billion.
- GE on the combination of its oil and gas business with Baker Hughes.
- Viacom Inc. in connection with a $650 million issue of its 5.875% fixed-to-floating rate junior subordinated debentures due 2057 and a $650 million issue of Viacom’s 6.250% fixed-to-floating rate junior subordinated debentures due 2057.
New York University School of Law
University of Wisconsin-Madison
- New York
- District of Columbia
- Vice Chair of the Financial Products Committee of the DC Bar Tax Section
Awards & Accolades
- Recognized as a Next Generation Lawyer in Tax - Financial Products by The Legal 500