Ellerina Teo is a senior associate in the Financial Institutions Advisory & Financial Regulatory practice.
She advises a range of clients including clearing houses, exchanges, settlement systems, banks, investment firms, funds and other financial industry participants on regulatory compliance.
Advising financial institutions, infrastructure providers and corporates on business structure, ongoing compliance and other advisory issues
- ICE Clear Europe on the transition of clearing of the NYSE Liffe London derivatives market from NYSE Liffe and LCH.Clearnet Ltd to ICE Clear Europe.
- ICE group on the implementation of EMIR, including rule amendments and lobbying initiatives.
- ICE group on the impact of European legislation, including MiFID II, Benchmark Regulation and the recovery and resolution of CCPs.
- Clearing houses and exchanges on the transition of clearing of commodity products and derivatives, including amendments to clearing house and exchange rules.
- Numerous financial institutions, buy-side participants and end-users on the impact of EMIR.
- Piraeus Bank S.A. on its €8.4 billion recapitalization, including advising on the application of the Bank Recovery and Resolution Directive.
- Eurobank Ergasias S.A. on its €2.04 billion recapitalization, including advising on the application of the Bank Recovery and Resolution Directive.
- Lower Tier 2 bondholders on their acquisition of 70% of the shares in The Co-operative Bank in connection with the bank's £1.5 billion recapitalization plan, the first ever creditor bail-in of a UK bank.
- The full range of financial institutions on regulatory advisory work, including authorisation, conduct of business and corporate governance, regulatory capital and capital structuring and regulatory perimeter issues.
The College of Law
Keble College, University of Oxford
B.A. in Philosophy and Theology (First Class)
- Solicitor, England and Wales