Emanuele Trucco is counsel in the Capital Markets and M&A practices.
He focuses on Italian and U.S. transactions including public and private Mergers & Acquisitions, Capital Markets, Real Estate and Private Equity Funds transactions.
Emanuele represents investment banks, corporate clients, property companies and private equity funds clients including Dover Corporation, York Capital, Coima, Allianz, and QIA.
He joined the firm in Rome after practicing in Chicago and Milan with another major U.S. firm, and was resident in the New York office from the end of 2007 through 2009.
Mergers & Acquisitions
- The Blackstone Group in connection with the acquisition of a minority interest in Italian real estate group Kryalos.
- CVC Capital Partners in connection with the acquisition of Pasubio S.p.A.
- Coima SGR S.p.A., COIMA RES SIIQ S.p.A. and their affiliates in connection with a number of real estate assets acquisitions.
- Dover Corporation in connection with the acquisition of (i) Ravaglioli S.p.A, (ii) JK Group S.p.A., (iii) Finder Pompe S.p.A. and (iv) MS Printing S.r.l. and the disposal of Finder Pompe S.r.l.
- York Capital Management Europe (UK) Advisors LLP in connection with the acquisition from Milano 90 S.r.l. of a portfolio of prestigious buildings located in the historic center of Rome.
- Allianz S.p.A. in connection with its acquisition of a portion of the non-life insurance business of UnipolSai Assicurazioni S.p.A.
- Qatar Holding LLC in its (i) initial investment and (ii) follow-up full acquisition of the Porta Nuova real estate projects in Milan, Italy, one of the most prestigious city center mixed-use developments in Europe, with a market value in excess of €2 billion.
- Mittel S.p.A. and Equinox SA in connection with their disposal of a stake in LivaNova, PLC.
- Bellco S.r.l., a portfolio company of the fund Charme II managed by Montezemolo & Partners SGR, in connection with several corporate and commercial matters.
- Digitouch S.p.A. in a number of acquisitions and disposals.
- General Electric in connection with its $4.3 billion acquisition of the aviation business of Avio S.p.A.
- Amadeus Capital Partners Limited and R Capital Management in connection with the acquisition of a 60% interest in Octo Telematics S.p.A. alongside Montezemolo & Partners SGR, acting in its capacity as management company of the fund Charme II.
- The Della Valle family of Italy in connection with its investment in Saks Inc.
- Realty Vailog S.p.A. in connection with the cash tender offer for all of its shares promoted by Industria e Innovazione S.p.A. and its subsequent public reverse merger with Industria e Innovazione.
- Sorin S.p.A. in connection with its acquisition of Datascope Inc.’s Endoscopic Vein Harvesting business.
- La Gaiana S.p.A. in its public merger with Gabetti Property Solutions S.p.A.
- Gabetti Property Solutions Group in connection with the establishment of its real estate joint ventures in Romania.
- Buongiorno S.p.A. in various corporate transactions including its acquisition of Rocket Mobile, Inc. and the establishment of its Hong Kong joint venture with the Mitsui Group.
- Mediobanca – Banca di Credito Finanziario S.p.A. and UniCredit Bank AG, Milan Branch (in their role as joint global coordinators), Banca Akros S.p.A., Banca IMI S.p.A and BNP Paribas (in their role as joint bookrunners) in connection with the €100 million rights offering of F.I.L.A. – Fabbrica Italiana Lapis ed Affini S.p.A.
- Anima Holding S.p.A. in (i) its €300 million rights offering of May 2018 and its (ii) initial public offering and listing of its ordinary shares on the Italian stock exchange in March 2014.
- Piteco S.p.A. in the listing of its ordinary shares on the MTA segment of Italian stock exchange.
- Rainbow S.p.A. on its proposed initial public offering and listing of ordinary shares on the Italian stock exchange.
- Banco Popolare Società Cooperativa in connection with its €1 billion rights offering.
- Coima RES S.p.A. and its sponsor shareholder Qatar Holding LLC in connection with the initial public offering and listing of the ordinary shares of Coima RES S.p.A. on the Italian stock exchange.
- Banca Sistema S.p.A. in its initial public offering and listing of its ordinary shares on the Italian stock exchange.
- Banca Carige S.p.A. in connection with its (i) €850 million rights offering of June 2015, and (ii) €800 million rights offering of June 2014.
- J.P. Morgan, Banca IMI, UniCredit Bank and Deutsche Bank as initial purchasers in connection with the issuance by Snai S.p.A. €320,000,000 7.625% senior secured notes due 2018 and €160,000,000 12.000% senior subordinated notes due 2018.
- Rottapharm S.p.A. in its proposed initial public offering and listing of its ordinary shares on the Italian stock exchange.
- Fondiaria-SAI S.p.A. in connection with its €1.1 billion rights offering.
- MolMed S.p.A. in its 2010 rights offering.
- Pirelli & C. Real Estate in its €400 million rights offering.
- Banca IMI and Société Générale as Joint Global Coordinators in the initial public offering of MolMed S.p.A. and listing of its ordinary shares on the Italian stock exchange.
- Credit Suisse as sole global coordinator in the institutional offering of Investimenti e Sviluppo Mediterraneo S.p.A. and listing of its ordinary shares on the Italian stock exchange.
- Merrill Lynch and UniCredit as Joint Global Coordinators in connection with the initial public offering of Damiani S.p.A. and listing of its ordinary shares on the Italian stock exchange.
- Poltrona Frau S.p.A. in its initial public offering and listing of its ordinary shares on the Italian stock exchange.
- The underwriters, led by Credit Suisse, as Italian counsel in the Rule 144A/Regulation S initial public offering and SWX Swiss Exchange listing of BioXell S.p.A., the first ever IPO by an Italian company on the SWX Swiss Exchange.
- MetroGAS S.A. in connection with in its Italian Consob registered public exchange offer to its noteholders residing in Italy in connection with the global restructuring of its financial indebtedness.
- UniCredit Group in connection with its U.S. financing activities that include its $10 billion MTN program.
- Merrill Lynch International and Mediobanca S.p.A. in the €4.1 billion fourth tranche of the privatization of Enel S.p.A.
University of Pennsylvania Law School
Università degli Studi di Milano
Emanuele Trucco has been recommended and ranked (Band 3) by Chambers Global and Chambers Europe in each of their guides since 2013 among the leading Italian equity capital markets lawyers and described as “really good to work with: terrifically smart and extremely careful” and “a popular figure with clients, who appreciate his ‘keen eye for problem solving’ and his ability to identify issues and come up with a solution in an effective way.” Emanuele is recognized by Legal 500 among the “Next generation lawyers” in the Italian equity capital markets.