Chloé Vialard is an associate in the International Arbitration practice.
Her experience includes international commercial and construction arbitrations conducted under the Rules of the ICC, with a focus on African matters, as well as enforcement and annulment proceedings before French courts.
In September 2018, Chloé Vialard transferred to our team in Singapore after having practiced at our Paris office since 2014.
International arbitrations on which Chloé Vialard has worked include the representation of:
- Sonatrach, Respondent in an ICC arbitration in Geneva brought by Saipem SpA and Saipem Contracting Algérie SpA. The dispute arose from a contract for the construction of gas liquefaction facilities. Over €2.6 billion was at stake. Algerian law applied.
- A North African company, Respondent in an ICC arbitration in Geneva initiated by an Iberian contractor. The dispute related to a major infrastructure project in North Africa. The law of the Respondent’s State applied.
- The African subsidiary of a European energy company in an ICC arbitration in Paris against an African State. The dispute related to local tax claims.
- A European construction company in proceedings before French courts to set aside a partial award rendered by an ICC Arbitral Tribunal on the grounds of lack of independence and impartiality on the part of the Chairman of the Arbitral Tribunal.
University of Leicester
LL.B. (Hons), Double degree in English Law and French Law
Université de Strasbourg
Masters in Business Law, Double degree in English Law and French Law
Université de Versailles St-Quentin-en-Yvelines
Masters in Arbitration and International Commercial Law
- Co-president, Women in Business, French Chamber of Commerce Singapore
- Steering Committee, Paris Very Young Arbitration Practitioners (PVYAP) (2015–18)
- Steering Committee, Young Arbitrators’ Match (YAM) (2015–18)
- Member, ICC Young Arbitrators Forum (YAF)
- Member, LCIA Young International Arbitration Group (YIAG)
- Member, Young Singapore international Arbitration Center (YSIAC)
- Member, HK45
- Member, Association Droit et Procédure
- Research Assistant, New York Convention Guide Project (www.newyorkconvention1958.org)
- The Arbitration Paradox: moralizing parties’ power to choose arbitrators, Versailles International Arbitration & Business Law Review No. 2, at 19 (2011)
- Lecturer (Arbitration), Université Paris II Panthéon-Assas, Magistère de Juriste d’Affaires – DJCE
- “The Mids”, DELOS Arbitration Institute , Paris, 11 Jan 2018