Bruno Guido Visentini is an associate in the Litigation department of the Milan office.
He joined Shearman & Sterling after acquiring experience in the litigation and arbitration departments of prominent Italian law firms.
Mr. Visentini's practice focuses on domestic and international litigation and arbitration, as well as on pre-contentious issues. He regularly advises and represents domestic and foreign clients in a wide range of disputes (including class actions) involving corporate, commercial, banking and financial matters, as well as bankruptcy and competition issues, across numerous different industries.
sociate in the Litigation practice of the Milan office.
- An Italian energy company in a commercial arbitration against its Egyptian Agent, with the Italian company claiming breach of contract, damages and termination of the agency and consultancy agreements related to the sale and promotion of the electric transformers manufactured by the Italian company;
- A major Italian listed bank in an ad hoc arbitration proceedings dealing with issues arising from the sale to a corporate client of a structured Interest Rate Swap. The claimant is seeking a declaratory relief to set aside the IRS on various grounds and a consequent order to return any payments; in the alternative, redress for damages based on alleged tortious conduct and/or breach of fiduciary duties on the intermediary’s part;
- An Italian listed company and its controlling shareholders in set of proceedings before the Court of Milan involving some former shareholders and directors.The dispute deals with the alleged breach of the representations and warranties under a SPA, the breach of a shareholders’ agreement, the violation of the former directors’ duties under general law provisions and separate agreements and the enforcement of a share pledge agreement;
- A major Italian independent industrial group against a listed intellectual property company in commercial arbitration before the Chamber of Arbitration of Milan;
- An Italian company operating a major touristic Sardinian harbor as plaintiff in a commercial litigation before the local Courts for breach of contract and related damages allegedly caused by the lessee under several nautical services and berth spaces lease agreements;
- Neon Italia S.p.A. in a lawsuit before the Courts of Milan in a liability action against the company’s former directors, shadow-directors and statutory auditors for damages caused to the company and its creditors;
- Eurovita S.p.A. in numerous cases before Italian Courts relating to the sale and distribution of its unit-linked policies to affluent individuals;
- A major Italian listed bank in several lawsuits before various Italian Courts brought by some of its shareholders claiming compensation for damages suffered as a consequence of alleged misrepresentations in the bank's prospectus, including a class action (the first class action for prospectus liability ever brought before Italian Courts);
- An Italian listed company operating in the gaming and betting industry in numerous multi-million proceedings relating the payment of allegedly winning tickets which were distributed by the gaming system operated by the company due to the malfunctioning of the system itself.Cross-claim was also activated in the interest of the Client against the supplier of the gaming system;
- A major international insurance Group in a post-closing indemnity claim against another insurance company relating to the sale of an insurance portfolio to the Client;
- An Italian company, whose shares were listed on a US stock-exchange, in a class action which was started before a US Court by some shareholders claiming compensation for damages suffered as a consequence of alleged misrepresentations in various documents provided by the company’s directors in the context of a tender-offer process.
New York University School of Law
LL.M., Corporation Law
Università degli Studi di Brescia
Università degli Studi di Milano
J.D., major in Corporation Law, cum laude