Matthew Weston is an associate in the Compensation, Governance & ERISA practice of Shearman & Sterling LLP. His practice focuses on a wide variety of compensation-related matters, including negotiating compensation and benefit arrangements in mergers and acquisitions and other corporate transactions, disclosure and regulatory compliance, and employment negotiations with senior executives. Matthew’s practice also includes advising client’s on reporting obligations under Sections 13 and 16 of the Securities Exchange Act.
- Ecopetrol on its joint venture with Occidental Petroleum Corporation to develop 97,000 net acres in the Permian Basin in west Texas
- CVS Health Corporation in its $69 billion merger with Aetna Inc.
- LyondellBasell Industries N.V. in its $2.25 billion acquisition of A. Schulman, Inc.
- The underwriters in connection with FTS International, Inc.’s initial public offering of 22.425 million shares of common stock, resulting in gross proceeds to FTS International of $306.7 million
- Dassault Systèmes in its $400 million acquisition of Exa Corporation
- WebMD Health Corp. in its $2.8 billion merger with KKR & Co.’s Internet Brands unit
- Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited in its acquisition of Allied World Assurance Company Holdings AG in a cash and stock transaction valued at approximately $4.9 billion
- B/E Aerospace in its $6.4 billion merger with Rockwell Collins
- The underwriters in connection with Valvoline Inc.’s initial public offering of 34.5 million shares of common stock, resulting in gross proceeds to Valvoline of $759 million
- HeartWare International Inc. on its $1.1 billion merger with Medtronic Inc.
- Salesforce.com in its $2.8 billion public tender offer for Demandware, Inc. and in its acquisition of private company Quip, Inc.
- Various firm clients in connection with securities law issues and Section 13 and Section 16 filings
- ALJ Regional Holdings, CVS Health Corporation, Dycom and Valvoline, in relation to regular executive compensation, disclosure and governance advice
Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law
J.D., cum laude
- Senior Articles Editor, Cardozo Law Review
University of Northern Colorado
B.S., summa cum laude
- Former professional baseball player in the San Francisco Giants and Houston Astros organizations.