Nick Withers is a senior associate in the Mergers & Acquisitions practice.
Nick has extensive experience across a range of corporate transactions, including equity capital markets, cross-border private mergers and acquisitions, private equity and joint ventures.
Prior to joining Shearman & Sterling, Nick worked at a Magic Circle firm in London and spent two and a half years working in the Singapore office of a major international firm.
- Cyprus Cooperative Bank on the sale of assets and deposits to Hellenic Bank
- Engie on the sale of its stakes in Paiton (Indonesian power assets) to Nebras Power and Mitsui for approximately $1.5 billion and in Meenakshi (Indian power assets) for an undisclosed sum
- State Grid International Development Limited in its strategic acquisition of a 24% interest in the share capital of Independent Power Transmission Operator S.A. from Public Power Corporation S.A.
- DBAY Advisors Limited in its public-to–private takeover of Creston plc
- The Xander Group Inc., alongside APG Asset Management N.V., in the establishment of its joint venture, Virtuous Retail South Asia Pte. Ltd, which has acquired an initial portfolio of three retail assets from a Xander-sponsored fund
- Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited in their joint bid for APR Energy plc along with Albright Capital Management LLC and ACON Equity Management LLC
- Fortress Investment Group LLC in the sale of its stake in UK Power Reserve to a consortium comprising Inflexion and Equistone Partners Europe Limited
- Eurobank Ergasias A.E. in the acquisition of Alpha Bank S.A.'s branch in Bulgaria by Eurobank Bulgaria
- Qatar Investment Authority on its £2.6 billion offer for Songbird Estates plc and the follow-on £4.1 billion offer for Canary Wharf Group plc
- Symphony Technology Group in its acquisition of the UK business of Bernard Hodes Group Limited, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Omnicom Group Inc.
- A large pan-Asian private equity fund on a series of investments into the quick service restaurant industry in Indonesia
- A major international private equity fund on acquiring interests in telecommunications towers in Indonesia and establishing a platform form further expansion in the Indonesian telecommunications sector
- Partners Group on the acquisition of CSS Corp, a global technology support services leader
- A sovereign wealth fund on a series of commitments to major US and Asian private equity funds
- A large South East Asian, sharia compliant, infrastructure fund on a series of investments in Indonesia, including investments into toll roads, fibre networks and water treatment plants
- Hillhouse Capital on its entry into a joint venture with Tencent and MNC Media
- Golden Agri Resources ltd, a major palm oil producer on the acquisition of 16,000 ha of palm oil plantation and the associated business from PT Bakrie Sumatera Plantations Tbk
- A large private UK chemicals company on the disposal of its international coolants business by way of an asset sale
- Songbird Estates plc on an open offer
- FirstGroup plc on the disposal of GB Railfreight Ltd to a subsidiary of Eurotunnel plc.
BPP Law School
University of York