Shearman & Sterling Wins Eight PFI Awards Including Law Firm Of The Year 2019
Shearman & Sterling has been awarded eight accolades including the highest honor for a law firm, “Law Firm of The Year,” for this year’s Project Finance International (PFI) awards. In addition to the firm-wide honor, we received deal of the year awards in the following seven categories:
- Petrochemical Deal of the Year Asia Pacific: RAPID – will be the largest downstream petrochemical project in Asia on completion
- Bond Deal of the Year Asia Pacific: Mong Duong – the first project bond issued and the first IPP refinancing in Vietnam
- Rail Deal of the Year Europe: Beacon Rail – it involved the establishment of an innovative infrastructure debt platform which is reflective of the market's increasing appreciation of core rolling stock as an infrastructure asset class
- Petrochemical Deal of the Year Middle East and Africa: Bapco – the largest ever project to be constructed and financed in Bahrain and one of significant national importance
- African LNG deal of the year Middle East and Africa: Gimi FLNG – an innovative floating liquefaction project facilitating the development of offshore gas reserves in Mauritania and Senegal
- Renewables Deal of the Year Americas: Condor – non-recourse financing for the largest renewables portfolio in Latin America to date
- Multilateral Deal of the Year: Guinea Alumina Corporation – the largest project in West Africa since the 1970s and a major milestone in financing for mining projects in developing countries.
The Shearman & Sterling team below was supported by Anna Duncan and Richard Cardy (both London-Project Development & Finance).