Shearman & Sterling Announces New Partners
Global law firm Shearman & Sterling announces new partners, effective July 1, 2021.
The new partners represent eight practices and span offices including New York, London, Tokyo, Dubai and Milan. The breadth of their expertise includes Capital Markets, Corporate, Mergers & Acquisitions, Project Development & Finance, Litigation, Tax, Finance, and Financial Restructuring & Insolvency. Previously, nine of the new partners were counsel and five were associates.
“I am proud to announce the promotion of these exceptional lawyers. This is recognition of their skill, agility and determination to best serve the needs of our clients and the firm.” said David Beveridge, Shearman & Sterling’s Senior Partner. “It is also part of the continued execution of our strategy to expand our core practices with the greatest potential for the firm, aligning with market opportunities."
The following lawyers have been elected partner:
- Lara Aryani is a member of the Mergers & Acquisitions practice in New York, where she advises clients on a broad range of complex strategic transactions, including public, private and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, minority investments and corporate governance matters. She received her B.A. from the University of Virginia, her M.A. from Georgetown University and her J.D. from Emory University School of Law.
- Sara Coelho is a member of the Financial Restructuring and Insolvency practice in New York, where she represents creditors and creditor groups, debtors, acquirers, equity owners and other investors in a wide range of insolvency matters. She obtained her J.D. from Cornell Law School.
- Derek Kershaw is a member of the Tax practice in New York, where he advises clients on a range of domestic and international tax issues in a wide variety of transactions. He obtained his LL.M. (Taxation) and his J.D. from New York University School of Law.
- Katherine J. Stoller is a member of the New York Litigation group. Katherine’s practice is focused on white collar criminal defense, internal investigations, regulatory enforcement actions and complex civil litigation. She represents major financial institutions and other corporate and individual clients. Katherine received her B.A., magna cum laude, from Yale College, and her J.D. from Columbia Law School, where she was a Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar.
- Andrea De Pieri is a member of the Corporate practice in Milan, where he advises corporate clients, investment banks and private equity funds in both public and private transactions. He obtained his LL.B. from Università Statale di Milano and his LL.M. from Fordham Law School.
- Gordon Houseman is a member of the Finance Group practice in London, where he acts for sponsors, corporate issuers and financial institutions on cross-border corporate and acquisition financings and liability management transactions. He obtained his J.D. from the University of Toronto Faculty of Law.
- Alessandro Salvador is a member of the Litigation practice in Milan, where he advises clients on banking and financial services matters, corporate and shareholders litigation, securities litigation, mergers & acquisitions litigation, and other commercial disputes. He obtained his LL.B. from Università Cattolica Del Sacro Cuore Di Milano and his Ph.D in Banking and Financial Law from the Università Degli Studi di Siena.
- Jonathan Swil is a member of the Litigation practice in London, where he advises financial institutions, corporates and professional services firms on a broad range of disputes. He obtained his LL.B. from the University of New South Wales.
- Emanuele Trucco is a member of the Capital Markets and Mergers & Acquisitions practices in Milan, where he represents investment banks, corporate clients, property companies and private equity funds on Italian and U.S. transactions. He obtained his LL.B from the Università Statale di Milano and his LL.M. from the University of Pennsylvania Law School.
- Kana Morimura is a member of the Capital Markets practice in Tokyo, where she represents corporate and financial institution clients including both Japanese and non-Japanese companies. She obtained her LL.B. from Kyoto University and her LL.M. from Columbia University School of Law.