Kate Chan is an associate in our mergers and acquisitions practice. She advises clients on a range of corporate transactions, including cross-border M&A transactions, private equity, joint ventures and equity restructuring.
Kate is the Co-Chair of the Race Inclusion & Shearman Ethnicity (RISE) network at the London Office. Kate previously worked in the Hong Kong and New York offices of another leading US law firm.
- Chipita S.A. on the sale of its business to Mondelēz International, Inc. for approximately $2 billion.
- J.P. Morgan on its strategic investment in 50five Group, a leading provider of electrical vehicles charging infrastructure in Benelux and the UK, as a strategic partner of ENGIE
- Mubadala in relation to the comprehensive financial restructuring of, and its further investment in, a strategically-important asset in Abu Dhabi.
- Investcorp on its joint venture with Fung Capital to launch a new US$500m Fund during the Future Investment Initiative
- Mitsubishi UFJ Lease & Finance Company on its merger with Hitachi Capital for $2.8 billion.*
- KPS Capital Partners on its acquisition of substantially all of the assets of Garrett Motion for $2.1 billion, following its spin-off from Honeywell Group, in connection with its Chapter 11 Plan of Reorganization.*
- Novo Nordisk’s acquisition of Corvidia Therapeutics for up to $2.1 billion.*
- Various secured lenders (including Whitebox Advisors and Highbridge Capital Management) to Hornbeck Offshore Services, Inc. (HOS) on corporate governance matters in connection with its Chapter 11 Plan of Reorganization.*
*Denotes prior firm experience
Postgraduate Certificate in Laws (with Distinction)
Bachelor of Business Administration (major in strategy), First Class
University of Oxford, University College
BA (Jurisprudence) in Law with Senior Status, First Class