Creighton Condon is a partner in the Mergers & Acquisitions practice. He previously served as Shearman & Sterling's Senior Partner, European Managing Partner and Global Mergers & Acquisitions Practice Group Leader.
He advises clients on transformational mergers, acquisitions and divestitures and counsels boards of directors on corporate governance matters related to change-of-control transactions, shareholder activism and complex structural issues.
Creighton’s clients include major multi-national corporations and their boards, financial institutions, sports franchises and their owners, and family offices.
- CVS Health Corporation in its acquisition of Aetna Inc.
- WebMD Health Corp. in its sale to Internet Brands, and in connection with its merger with HLTH Corporation
- B/E Aerospace in connection with its sale to Rockwell Collins, Inc., its spinoff of KLX Corporation and its acquisition of the Consumables Solutions business of Honeywell International Inc.
- The special committee of Straight Path Communications, Inc. in its sale to Verizon Communications Inc.
- Altice N.V. in its $17.7 billion acquisition of NYSE-listed Cablevision Systems Corporation
- Pall Corporation in its $13.8 billion sale to Danaher Corporation
- Viacom, Inc. in connection with various transactions and board level matters, including its split into two separately traded public companies (Viacom and CBS Corp.) which, at the time, was the largest transaction of its type ever completed, its acquisition of DreamWorks Studios, its business combination with CBS Corporation, its contested acquisition of Paramount Communications Inc., its acquisition and subsequent split-off of Blockbuster, its disposition of Madison Square Garden Corporation, including the New York Knicks, New York Rangers and MSG Network, the sale of Simon & Schuster to Pearson plc and the acquisition of Black Entertainment Television and of the minority publicly held shares of Infinity Broadcasting
- Synthes in connection with its acquisition by Johnson & Johnson and in its acquisitions of NSpine and Spine Solutions
- Charter International plc in connection with its acquisition by Colfax Corporation
- Cadbury plc in connection with its acquisition by Kraft, its demerger of its beverage business, in the acquisition of the Adams candy business from Pfizer Inc. and in the sale of Cadbury’s international beverage business to The Coca-Cola Company
- Citigroup in connection with various mergers and acquisitions transactions, including its sale of EMI Music Publishing to Sony and EMI Recorded Music to Universal Music Corp, its acquisition of Metalmark, its acquisition of Old Lane Partners, its sale of Citicorp Electronic Financial Services, Inc. to JPMorgan Chase Bank and numerous credit card-related transactions
- The Royal Bank of Scotland Group plc in connection with its consortium acquisition of ABN AMRO Holding N.V.
- Fenway Sports Group in connection with the acquisitions of Liverpool Football Club, the Boston Red Sox, the New England Sports Network and a 50% interest in Roush Fenway Racing and Fenway Sports Management in its sponsorship deal with LeBron James and his investment in Liverpool Football Club
- Infront Sports & Media shareholders in its sale to Bridgepoint
- The Special Committee of the Board of Directors of ARAMARK in connection with ARAMARK’s going private transaction
- The Special Committee of the Board of Directors of HCA Inc. in connection with HCA Inc.’s going private transaction
- Georgia-Pacific Corporation in its sale to Koch Industries, its acquisition of Fort James Corporation, its acquisition of Unisource Worldwide, Inc. and its contested acquisition of Great Northern Nekoosa Corporation
- Sungard Data Systems Inc. in its sale to Silver Lake Partners and six other private equity firms
- Seven-Eleven Japan in its acquisition of the minority publicly held shares of 7-Eleven, Inc.
- Editor-in-Chief, Columbia Journal of Transnational Law
St John's College, Cambridge
- Fellow of the American College of Governance Counsel
Awards & Accolades
- Ranked as an Eminent Practitioner by Chambers Global (2018)
- Ranked as an Eminent Practitioner by Chambers USA (2018)
- Recognized as a Leading Lawyer Market Leader for U.S. M&A in IFLR (2018)
- Listed in Who’s Who Legal: M&A and Governance
- Legal 500 cites Creighton as a “highly experienced” lawyer who “plays a pivotal role in significant transactions” (2017)
- Featured as Dealmaker of the Year in The American Lawyer (April 2003) in connection with his representation of John W. Henry and New England Sports Venture’s acquisition of The Boston Red Sox and New England Sports Network