Jai Garg is an associate in the Compensation, Governance & ERISA practice.
He focuses on a wide variety of compensation and benefit-related matters, with a particular focus on issues that arise in connection with M&A transactions and capital markets. He regularly advises both U.S. and non-U.S. companies regarding equity-based incentives, employment arrangements, disclosure, corporate governance, and securities and tax law compliance.
- Intercontinental Exchange, Inc. in connection with its pending $13.1 billion merger with Black Knight, Inc.
- Mother Lode Holding Co. in connection with its acquisition by First American Financial Corporation
- Welltok in its sale to Virgin Pulse
- Intercontinental Exchange on its $11 billion acquisition of Ellie Mae
- Liveoak Technologies on its sale to DocuSign
- Citrix Systems, Inc. in connection with its acquisition of Wrike, Inc.
- American Financial & Automotive Services, Inc. and American Financial Warranty Company on its sale to Assurant
- OMERS Infrastructure Management on the acquisition of Leeward Renewable Energy from affiliates of ArcLight Capital Partners
- Textron Inc. in the divestiture of its Tools & Test business to Emerson Electric Co.
- CVS Health on its $69 billion acquisition of Aetna
- Uzabase, Inc. in its acquisition of Quartz Media LLC from Atlantic Media, Inc
- Capital Square Partners and Aegis in the sale of Aegis to StarTek, Inc.
- The transaction committee of Gener8 Maritime, Inc. in its stock-for-stock merger with Eurnoav NV
- General Electric in its combination of GE Oil & Gas and Baker Hughes to create a $32 billion oilfield provider and subsequent transactions with Baker Hughes
- B/E Aerospace in its $6.4 billion merger with Rockwell Collins
- Various firm clients in relation to regular securities law, executive compensation, disclosure and governance advice
- Various private companies in the structuring and implementation of tax-efficient compensation arrangements
- Various individual executives and management teams in connection with the negotiation of employment, equity and severance agreements
B.A. in Political Science and Religious Studies
Washington University School of Law