Trey Hebert is an associate in the Litigation practice in the Austin Office.
Trey focuses on representing both plaintiffs and defendants in complex commercial litigation with an emphasis on patent and trade-secret disputes. He has represented clients in federal district and appellate courts and in international arbitration.
Prior to joining Shearman & Sterling, he was a Director on the Investment Team at Permentum Capital LLC.
- Represented biotech research university in patent dispute with successful motion to dismiss in novel area of law at the intersection of sovereign immunity and patent enforcement* (S. D. Tex; Fed. Cir)
- Represented large retailer in patent dispute related to payment processing systems* (W. D. Tex)
- Represented pharmaceutical company in patent dispute with competitor related to injectable diagnostic product* (E. D. Tex)
- Represented telecom device and information services company in significant trade secret dispute with global retailer* (E. D. Ark)
*Denotes prior firm experience
The University of Texas School of Law
- Publications Editor, Texas Intellectual Property Law Journal
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Western District of Texas
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- The Honorable Lee Yeakel Intellectual Property American Inn of Court
- Austin Intellectual Property Law Association
- Texas Law Mentoring Program