John Kurtz is an associate in the Mergers & Acquisitions practice.
John focuses his practice on national and international M&A transactions, private equity, special purpose acquisition companies (SPACs), capital raising transactions, and general corporate and securities matters. He advises clients in a wide variety of industries, including technology, manufacturing, consumer products, healthcare, energy, defense and aerospace, environmental and waste services, and professional services.
- Microvast, Inc. in its $3.0 billion business combination with Tuscan Holdings Corp., a Nasdaq-listed SPAC, and $57.5 million bridge financing notes offering with affiliates of Luxor Capital Partners
- SAP and Qualtrics in the carve out of Qualtrics from SAP and Qualtrics’ initial public offering raising $1.55 billion and concurrent $670 million private placements
- True Velocity Ammunition in its pending $1.2 billion business combination with Breeze Holdings Acquisition Corp., a Nasdaq-listed SPAC
- Mother Lode Holding Co. in its $300 million acquisition by First American Financial Corporation
- SAP in the carveout and sale of its Litmos business to Francisco Partners
- CCS Fundraising in its strategic investment by ABRY Partners
- Passage Identity in its acquisition by 1Password
- Great Elm Group in its majority stake sale in Forest Investments to investment affiliates of JPMorgan Chase & Co.
- Volta Trucks in its €40 million Series B and €300 million Series C financings
- Apexon in its business combination with Infostretch Corporation
- Welltok in its acquisition by Virgin Pulse
- Amyris in its acquisition of Beauty Labs International Limited
- WinWire Technologies in its strategic investment by Sverica Capital Management
- Futura Title & Escrow in its majority stake sale to Seidler Equity Partners
- Inland Pipe Rehabilitation in its acquisition of Murphy Pipeline Contractors
- FirstEnergy in its $1.75 billion notes offering
- J.F. Lehman in its acquisition of Integrated Global Services
- BEI Precision in its acquisition of Wenzel Associates, Inc.
- NRC Group in its $750 million transaction with Hennessy Capital Acquisition Corp. III, a Nasdaq-listed SPAC, and subsequent $966 million acquisition by US Ecology
- Managing Editor, Virginia Tax Review