Xavier Norlain is a partner in the Private Equity and Mergers & Acquisitions practices.
Xavier advises investment funds on leveraged buyouts, venture capital and development capital transactions, as well as industrial and services groups on their corporate finance operations, restructuring and external growth transactions.
He also advises managers in the negotiation of their status and their remuneration, as well as in the context of operations with investment funds.
- Marlin Equity Partners on its investment in Tennaxia.
- Bridgepoint on its investment in Equativ.
- Prima Solutions Holding on the sale of Prima Solutions to TSS.
- The Carlyle Group on the acquisition of Lacour Group from its founder.
- Bpifrance, alongside Tikehau Capital and Tikehau Ace Capital, on its investment in ChapsVision.
- The Carlyle Group on the sale of ETC group to Cinven.
- Raise Investissement on its investment in Clinique des Champs-Elysées.
- FnB Private Equity on the acquisition of Mousline from Nestlé®.
- Prima Solutions on the sale of Prima XL and Prima Compliance to Duck Creek.
- Sodexo Group on the sale of the Lido Parisian cabaret to Accor Group.
- Bridgepoint Europe on its sale of the HTL Group to Montagu.
- Eurazeo on the acquisition of Troy Lee.
- Sodexo on its sale of Crèches de France to Grandir.
- The sharehoders of Vetone Group for its sale to IVC Evidencia.
- Abenex on its investment in the HTDS Group.*
- Circet Group, its founders as well as the Management Team on its sale of Circet group to ICG.*
- Eurazeo Brands on its majority investment in the UltraPremium Direct Group.*
- The Carlyle Group on its acquisition of the Envea Group, from its founder and the public market.*
- Metrics Capital on its minority investment in Saint Honoré Stockage.*
- Marle Group, its shareholders IK Investment Partners and The Carlyle Group as well as the Management team on its sale of Marle group, to the family-owned holding company Dentressangle.*
- The Carlyle Group on the sale of the Evernex Group to 3i Group.*
- Bridgepoint Development Capital on its acquisition of the Private Sport Shop Group.*
- B&B Hotels group’s Management on the sale of B&B Hotels to Goldman Sachs by PAI.*
- Andera Partners and Omnes Capital on the acquisition of the Spherea group.*
- Bpifrance on its minority investment in Sabena Technics.*
- Ardian on its acquisition of the Unither Group.*
- Airbus group on the sale of the Cimpa group to Sopra Steria.*
*Denotes prior firm experience
Université Paris II Panthéon-Assas
University of Paris XI
M.A., International Tax Law
Awards & Accolades
- Recognized in the 2024 edition of Best Lawyers in France for Corporate Law / Mergers and Acquisitions Law / Private Equity Law.
- Xavier Norlain has been recognized in “l’élite 2022 des avocats d’affaires” ranking by Décideurs Juridiques.
- Xavier is recognized as “Notable Practitioner” for M&A in France by IFLR1000 (2022).
- Xavier is ranked in Band 2 by Chambers Europe 2022 for Private Equity: Mid-Market. "He is well regarded for his advice to management teams and private equity firms on LBOs, disposals and majority-stake acquisitions. One client praises him for his "thorough and commercial" approach."
- Xavier is ranked in Band 2 by Chambers Europe 2021 for Private Equity: Mid-Market. They note that "Xavier Norlain is valued by clients for his practical manner, one relaying how "he gives us commercial and tailored solutions. He is well regarded for his advice to management teams and private equity firms on LBOs, disposals and majority-stake acquisitions."
- Xavier is ranked in Tier 2 by Legal 500 Europe 2021 for Private Equity: LBO and 'Tier 3' for Mergers and Acquisitions.
- "Third most prolific individual French Legal adviser 2016". Mergermarket 2016
- Trends and Developments for Private Equity in France. Chambers Global Practice Guides, 2021
- L’attractivité du secteur de la profession d’avocat pour les femmes en question, La Semaine du Droit, Edition générale, n° 10, March 2021
- Introduction à la seconde édition du Guide Numérique. La Lettre des Juristes d'Affaires, 2019
- La Défense écartelée. Centre d’étude et de prospective stratégique, April 2017
- Les dernières tendances en matière de Capital Transmission et pratiques des « préemptives ». Les Echos Business, August 2016
- Principales tendances des pratiques M&A comparées seton la typologie de profil des opérateurs : Private Equity vs. Corporate. Les Echos Business, January 2016
- A favorable outlook in France. M&A Guide 2016, January 2016
- Video Interview: Latest trends in Capital Transmission: Interview with Xavier Norlain. Les Echos Capital Finance, July 2016