Fredric Sosnick is Global Operations Partner, as well as a partner in the Financial Restructuring & Insolvency practice and a member of the firm’s Executive Group.
He focuses on advising clients in connection with large and complex domestic and international out-of-court restructurings and U.S. Chapter 11 cases.
Fred represents debtors, official creditors’ committees, lender groups, DIP lenders, creditors and acquirers of assets. His clients include Bank of America, Barclays, Citigroup and Deutsche Bank, among others.
- Valaris plc Chapter 11 Cases: Represent Citibank, N.A., in its capacity as administrative agent and lender under a revolving credit agreement in connection with the chapter 11 bankruptcy cases of Valaris plc and certain of its subsidiaries
- UTEX Industries, Inc.: Represent Bank of America, N.A. in its capacity as administrative agent and lender under a first lien credit facility
- Weatherford International PLC: Represent Citibank N.A. as agent on a DIP loan for Weatherford and its debtor and non-debtor affiliates
- Dean Foods Company Chapter 11 Cases: Represent buyer under a plan and court approved sale procedure
- Blackhawk Mining LLC Chapter 11 Cases: Represent a group of ad hoc first lien lenders in connection with the Chapter 11 cases of Blackhawk Mining LLC and certain of its affiliates
- Sears Holding Corporation Chapter 11 Cases: Represent Sears Hometown and Outlet Stores Inc. in the Sears Holding’s Chapter 11 cases
- Nuverra Environmental Solutions, Inc.: Represent Nuverra Environmental Solutions, Inc. and its affiliates as debtors in their prepackaged Chapter 11 cases and their ongoing confirmation appeals
- Odebrecht, S.A.: Represent GSP bridge lenders in restructuring of Odebrecht S.A.
- Puerto Rico Electric Power Authority (“PREPA”) Promesa Case: Represent EcoEléctrica L.P. as one of the largest suppliers to the PREPA
- Toys “R” Us Inc. Chapter 11 Cases: Represent Bank of America N.A. as administrative and collateral agent under a secured credit facility totaling over $1 billion
- Pacific Drilling Inc. Chapter 11 cases: Represent Citibank, N.A. as agent and lender under a revolving credit agreement for Pacific Drilling S.A.
- Gasoducto Sur Peruano S.A. Peruvian: Represent Natixis as administrative agent and lender under a term loan agreement guaranteed by Odebrecht S.A., Odebrecht Latinvest Peru Ductos S.A., and Graña y Montero
- Barbados Sovereign Debt Restructuring: Represent Barbados Creditor Group in connection with restructuring of the sovereign debt of Barbados
- Westinghouse Electric Company LLC Chapter 11 Cases: Represent Citibank, N.A. as administrative agent, collateral agent and letter of credit issuer under the $800 million post-petition financing for Westinghouse Electric Company LLC
- Energy Future International Holding Company LLC and EFIH Finance Inc. Chapter 11 Cases: Represent Citibank as administrative and collateral agent in connection with a $5.4 billion superpriority priming DIP refinancing facility. Represented Deutsche Bank in connection with the original DIP loan made to EFIH.
- The Boston Herald Chapter 11 Cases: Represent the Boston Globe as a major unsecured creditor/contract counterparty of HMH Media Inc.
- Groupo Isolux Corsan S.A.: Represent Chapter 15 debtors in connection with its Spanish and Dutch Prepackaged Proceedings.
- Inversora Eléctrica de Buenos Aires S.A.: Represent Chapter 15 debtor in connection with its Acuerdo Preventivo Extrajudicial (APE) proceeding in Argentina
- Samarco Mineração S.A. Restructuring: Represent Bank of America N.A. as lender under a bilateral facility for Samarco Mineração S.A.
- SunEdison Chapter 11 Cases: Represent Citibank, N.A. as DIP lender and in connection with certain other exposure to SunEdison and its affiliates
- Sabine Oil & Gas Corporation Chapter 11 Cases: Represent Barclays as lender in connection with the Chapter 11 cases of Sabine Oil & Gas Corporation
- Lupatech S.A.: Represent Chapter 15 debtor in connection with its Brazilian bankruptcy proceedings
- Foresight Energy L.P. Restructuring: Represent Citibank, N.A. as administrative agent under Foresight Energy LP’s revolving credit agreement and term loan facility in connection with an agreed out-of-court restructuring
The American University Washington College of Law
State University of New York at Albany
- Rated as ”Highly Regarded” in the Financial and Corporate section of the 2019 IFLR1000—The Guide to the World’s Leading Financial Law Firms
- Received M&A Advisor Turnaround Atlas Awards for Shearman & Sterling LLP’s representations in connection with Chapter 11 proceedings of Energy Future Holdings, Westinghouse Electric and Pacific Drilling N.A. (2019)
- Featured as a Top Rated Creditor / Debtor Right Attorney in Super Lawyers
- Received an M&A Advisor Turnaround Award for Shearman & Sterling LLP’s representation of Nuverra Environmental Solutions (2018)