Laurence Levy is Head of the Europe and Middle East Mergers & Acquisitions practice.
Laurence has more than 30 years’ experience advising on public and private company M&A transactions, joint ventures, restructurings, privatizations, equity capital markets, corporate governance and general corporate advisory work.
- GE on the $3.25 billion sale of its Distributed Power business to Advent.
- Intercontinental Exchange on its acquisition of a strategic stake in Euroclear plc from The Royal Bank of Scotland Group plc for €275 million.
- Engie on the sale of its stakes in Paiton (Indonesian power assets) to Nebras Power and Mitsui for approximately $1.5 billion and in Meenakshi (Indian power assets) for an undisclosed sum.
- DBAY vehicle on its public-to-private takeover of Creston plc.
- Liberty Global plc on its takeover of Cable & Wireless Communications plc at an enterprise value of $8.2 billion.
- Intercontinental Exchange on its $650 million acquisition of Trayport for ICE common stock.
- Fairfax on its £1.2 billion takeover of Brit plc.
- Qatar Investment Authority on its £2.6 billion takeover of Songbird Estates plc and the follow-on £4.1 billion takeover of Canary Wharf Group plc.
- Viacom on its £450 million acquisition of Channel 5 Broadcasting.
- GE on its successful $4.3 billion acquisition of the Avio Group.
Awards & Accolades
- Cited as a “Leading Lawyer” in IFLR1000.
- Ranked Lawyer for Corporate/M&A: High-End Capability in Chambers UK – London (2017).
- Recognised by Chambers UK as a “Leader in the Field” who can “easily, quickly and calmly explain and anticipate issues”.
- Recognised by Legal 500 UK as a “Leading Individual” in premium M&A who is “highly technically proficient and skilled at working around the issues that matter to the client”.