Practising Law Institute - Global Reach: Recent Developments in Cross-Border Investigations of Financial Institutions
Counsel Katherine J. Stoller participated in Practising Law Institute’s program titled “Global Reach: Recent Developments in Cross-Border Investigations of Financial Institutions,” on April 2, 2020. Katherine discussed recent developments in international criminal and regulatory investigations of money laundering, bribery, sanctions and other financial crimes. Additional topics included:
- Increased international cooperation among regulatory and law enforcement agencies, and how U.S. agencies consider crediting and offsetting penalties imposed by foreign authorities
- Strategies for addressing the rising tide of AML enforcement investigations, including how to avoid the next major financial institution prosecution
- Recent developments in OFAC sanctions enforcement, including the implications of the recent superseding indictment of Huawei Technologies and its subsidiaries
- How will new enforcement priorities at FinCEN affect the world of AML compliance?
- Monitors, forfeiture and remediation and the role of corrective actions in resolving financial institution investigations