With partners collaborating across different regions, this webinar series provides a snapshot of the latest legal perspectives. The series will explore how specific regions and sectors are impacted by the rapid legal and commercial changes, as well as the potential consequences faced by companies and financial institutions globally.
The panel of experts will discuss the complex legal risks and issues they have observed and provide insights for business leaders to consider as they plan for the future ahead. Supporting our clients wherever they do business means we combine global perspectives with local insights to help them navigate the changing legal landscape of today, whilst preparing for the challenges of tomorrow.
We invite you to listen to these webinars on demand and view the available presentation slides below.
Legal Spotlight on The GCC. Shifting Sands . . . But Leading Where?
Speakers: Marwan Elaraby
Partner Marwan Elaraby will discuss the landscape of the GCC and what to expect in 2020. Some of the themes which Marwan will discuss include:
- Understanding key differentiating factors between GCC member states
- How GCC members states are reacting to the dual shock of low oil prices and lower oil production
- Understanding the political dispute known as “The Quartet vs Qatar”
- Opportunities and pitfalls in the region
Watch "Legal Spotlight on The GCC. Shifting Sands . . . But Leading Where?" on demand.
View the "Legal Spotlight on The GCC. Shifting Sands . . . But Leading Where? presentation slides.
Legal Spotlight on US Class Actions and Enforcement
Moderator: Susanna Charlwood
Panelists: Adam Hakki, Agnès Dunogué & Adam Schwartz
- Key takeaways from previous cases and current legal trends
- Regulatory fines in Europe in relation to litigation actions
- Managing risk and litigation trends in complex class action cases
- Potential litigation and investigations post-COVID-19
Legal Spotlight on Germany - German Economic Stabilization Fund
Panelists: Georg Thoma, Annette Petow & James Webber
In "Legal Spotlight on Germany - German Economic Stabilization Fund" Frankfurt Corporate/M&A Counsel Annette Petow and Corporate/M&A Of Counsel Georg F. Thoma took part in a multifaceted discussion together with Antitrust Partner James Webber (London/Brussels) exploring the following topics:
- Overview: The new German Economic Stabilization Acceleration Act (WStBG) – new regulations for the recapitalization of companies from the real economy in the course of the COVID-19 pandemic
- What does it mean for investors?
- The Lufthansa case
- Merger control implications
Watch "Legal Spotlight on Germany - German Economic Stabilization Fund" on-demand.
Legal Spotlight on Mining – "What Has the Mining Industry Stopped Talking About?"
Moderator: Anthony Lepere
Speakers: Cynthia Urda Kassis, Marwa Elborai & Paula Anderson
- What does the push for greater focus on ESG matters mean for raising capital for the mining industry?
- What does the prevalence of alternative sources of financing mean for the mining industry?
- How should miners think about their anti-bribery and anti-corruption obligations?
Watch "Legal Spotlight on Mining - 'What Has the Mining Industry Stopped Talk About?'" on-demand.
Legal Spotlight on Renewables – A Roadmap for Change: The Impact of Regulatory Changes and What's to Come From a Global Perspective
Moderator: Samuel Ogunlaja
Panelists: Sanja Udovicic, Robert Freedman & Alex Padres
- Challenges in Latin America Renewables Development and Financing;
- The growth of Renewables in the U.S. energy mix including Offshore wind,
- The role of energy storage in balancing power supply and demand and the acceleration of the renewable energy revolution in Europe; and
- Continued regulatory changes in Latin America, North America and EMEA
Watch "Legal Spotlight on Renewables – A Roadmap for Change: The Impact of Regulatory Changes and What's to Come From a Global Perspective" on-demand.