Shearman & Sterling Wins ‘Project Finance Team of the Year’ at 2017 IFLR Middle East Awards
Shearman & Sterling was awarded “Project Finance Team of the Year” at the 2017 IFLR Middle East Awards. The awards recognize the most innovative deals, teams, firms and advisors in the industry in the Middle East.
Over the past 18 months, the Middle East Project Finance practice has worked on a series of cutting-edge projects in the region, advising clients on their most strategic first-in-kind and first-in-country energy deals. Recent work in the region includes:
- BAPCO’s US$6 billion Modernisation Program, Bahrain’s largest-ever project to be developed and financed in a single phase
- The Facility D IWPP in Qatar, one of the largest IWPPs in the world to be project financed
- The DEWA Solar project in Dubai, the first private sector solar project in Dubai
- The Hassyan clean coal power project in Dubai, the first coal project in the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC)
- The Sweihan PV solar project in Abu Dhabi, the largest solar project in the world
- The Fadhili Power and Steam IPP in Saudi Arabia, the largest project of its type in the GCC
Earlier this year, Shearman & Sterling was awarded 11 accolades at IJ Global's Europe, APAC, MENA and Americas annual awards.