David Beveridge is Global Managing Partner of Shearman & Sterling and a partner in the Capital Markets practice, overseeing its strategic direction and operations. Prior to assuming this role, David served as Managing Partner-Americas and headed the Capital Markets-Americas practice in the firm’s New York office. He also previously headed the Capital Markets-Europe practice in London, where he practiced for over a decade, particularly focusing on building the group’s high yield platform. He represents both issuers and underwriters in the full spectrum of debt, equity and hybrid security offerings, including high yield and IPOs, and has extensive experience with cross-border private equity, acquisition financing and debt restructuring transactions.
- Representatives of the several underwriters in connection with FTS International, Inc.’s registration statement on Form S-1 with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
- The initial purchasers in connection with an offering of $3.1 billion aggregate principal amount of Senior Notes of Peabody Energy Corporation
- The initial purchasers in connection with an offering of $1.25 billion aggregate principal amount of Senior Notes to fund the acquisition of DPL Inc. by The AES Corporation
- The initial purchasers in connection with an offering of $1.5 billion aggregate principal amount of Senior Notes of Sealed Air Corporation
The University of Texas at Austin
- Order of the Coif
- Notes Editor, Texas Law Review
Washington and Jefferson College
Awards & Accolades
- Named a leading practitioner for capital markets by Chambers Global, Chambers USA, Chambers UK, The Legal 500, IFLR1000, Who’s Who Legal and PLC Which Lawyer.
- Prior to assuming his current leadership roles, David practiced in the firm’s London office for over a decade.