Lisa M. Brill is a partner in the Real Estate practice and Head of the Hospitality, Leisure & Gaming Industry Group. She has significant experience in real estate acquisitions and dispositions, joint venture formations and financing transactions and has worked extensively representing both institutional investors and real estate operating companies in the investment, ownership and development of real estate. She also represents lenders in different types of financing transactions, including mezzanine loans, construction loans, mortgage loans and hotel financings.
Lisa represents corporate, private equity, financial institution clients including Citi Community Capital, GTIS Partners, Strategic Capital and AllianceBernstein.
Lisa has written publications in The Real Estate Finance Journal and Real Estate Finance & Investment and has been involved in a number of speaking engagements at seminars and conferences on various real estate subjects.
- Advised a Gulf-based investor in connection with the $167.1 million acquisition of Hilton Homewood Suites at 312 West 37th Street in New York City; the acquisition of 1025 Thomas Jefferson Street, NW, a Class A office building, in the Georgetown section of Washington D.C.; and the $38.5 million acquisition of 311 Summer Street, an iconic brick-and-beam office building in Boston’s Fort Point neighborhood.
- Advised Citi Community Capital in connection with the Canyon Multifamily Impact Fund, a $800 million fund focused on multifamily workforce housing in underserved communities across the United States; The New York Affordable Housing Preservation Fund II, a $150 million fund to invest in affordable housing in the New York metropolitan area; and The Communities at Work Fund, a $200 million fund to help fuel small business lending in low-wealth and low-income U.S. communities.
- Advised GTIS Partners in connection with a co-investment vehicle to invest in a joint venture with SR Capital to construct a luxury condominium development in New York City; two joint ventures to develop and construct luxury residential condominiums in Miami, Florida and two joint ventures to develop luxury condominiums in New York, New York; and in a joint venture with 643 Capital Management in connection with the launch of StreetLane Homes, an integrated single-family home rental investment and management company.
- Advised a sovereign wealth fund with respect to the acquisition of a 49 percent share in the fee interest to One New York Plaza in New York City.
- Advised Strategic Capital on the purchase of 75 Park Lane and 2 Shore Drive North, two residential development sites totaling 1.85 acres along the Hudson River waterfront in Jersey City, New Jersey; and the purchase of Hudson Park, a multi-family residential community with retail overlooking the Hudson River in downtown Yonkers, NY, together with a development parcel for the construction of Hudson Park River Club, a 23-story, 213-unit apartment building.
- Advised a lender in connection with a $90 million loan issuance in relation to 1500 Wilson Blvd., a large commercial and retail space in Arlington, Virginia; a $42 million acquisition and renovation loan secured by an office property located at 333 Johnson Street in Brooklyn, New York; a $20 million loan to Savanna, a New York City-based real estate private equity firm and asset management company, to finance the acquisition and development of a retail and office building located in Brooklyn, New York; a $12.5 million mortgage loan secured by multiple mixed-use properties in Minneapolis, Minnesota; and an acquisition and renovation loan secured by Sea-Tac Marriot in Seattle, Washington.
- Advised Taikang Asset Management Company Limited (the asset management subsidiary of Taikang Insurance Group) in a $1 billion joint venture transaction with a U.S.-listed REIT, NorthStar Realty Finance Corp.
- Advised an affiliate of Taiping Asset Management Company Limited and Kaiyuan Capital (Shenzhen) Investment Fund L.P. on its investment of an approximately 70% indirect ownership interest in 111 Murray Street.
- Member, New York City Bar Association
- Member, New York State Bar Association
- Member, CRE Finance Council
- Member, Real Estate Board of New York
- Board Member, City Bar Justice Center
- Member, WX New York Women Executives in Real Estate
Awards & Accolades
- Named in New York Super Lawyers 2017 and was selected as a “Rising Star” by Portfolio Media, Inc.’s Real Estate Law360, which profiles top legal talent under 40 in the sector. The selected winners are comprised of top real estate lawyers practicing at a level usually seen from veteran attorneys
- Clients tell Chambers USA that Lisa is “a machine, unbelievably responsive, very thorough, and is always available. She does a great job for us. She has a broad set of skills, including working with real estate agreements and shareholders.” (2016)