Peter Chen is a partner in the Corporate Group.
He advises on corporate issues, M&A and corporate finance transactions and has participated in numerous Hong Kong and London initial public offerings.
Peter represents leading corporate and major financial institution clients including China Resources Phoenix Healthcare Holdings Company Limited, Yili Group, Morgan Stanley and Citigroup and has advised clients in a broad range of industries including healthcare, gaming, technology, telecom, financial services and consumer products sectors.
Mergers & Acquisitions
- The board of directors of Yingde Gases in the face of a competing bid from PAG.
- Yili Group on its $680 million acquisition of Hong Kong-listed Shengmu Organic Milk Ltd.
- Hong Kong-listed Phoenix Healthcare (now renamed as China Resources Phoenix Healthcare Holdings Company Limited) on its $480 million acquisition of certain hospital businesses of China Resources Healthcare Group, one of the largest state-owned enterprises in China’s healthcare sector.
- Hong Kong-listed Phoenix Healthcare on its approximately $160 million acquisition of hospitals of CITIC Medical & Health Group.
- Alibaba Health Information Technology Limited’s reverse takeover of a medical business with a listing on the Main Board of The Stock Exchange of Hong Kong Limited (aborted).
- Oceanic Gold Global Limited on the acquisition of 49% interests in Giochi Preziosi S.p.A., an established toy manufacturer and distributor in Europe, for a total consideration of Euro 61.5 million.
- Tianjin Tianbao Energy Co., Ltd. in connection with the initial public offering and listing of its H shares on the Main Board of The Stock Exchange of Hong Kong Limited.
- BOCI Asia Limited, Citigroup Global Markets Asia Limited, CMB International Capital Limited, Haitong International Securities Company Limited and The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited as underwriters on the $208 million global offering and initial public offering of VPower Group International Holdings Limited on the Main Board of The Stock Exchange of Hong Kong Limited.
- Harmonicare Medical Holdings Limited, a private obstetrics and gynecology hospital group, in connection with its $205.1 million (HK$1.59 billion) global offering and primary listing on the Main Board of The Stock Exchange of Hong Kong Limited.
- Macau Legend Development Limited, one of the leading owners of entertainment and casino gaming facilities in Macau, in connection with its $282 million global offering and listing on the Main Board of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- Xinchen China Power Holdings Limited in connection with the $100 million Hong Kong public offering and the international placing.
- Citigroup as sole sponsor in the $142 million initial public offering, Rule 144A/Reg S offering of China Polymetallic Mining Limited on the Main Board of The Stock Exchange of Hong Kong Limited.
- Melco Crown Entertainment Limited for its listing by way of introduction on the Main Board of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange. The sponsors were Credit Suisse (Hong Kong) Limited and Deutsche Bank AG.
Keble College, University of Oxford
B.A., Political Science, cum laude
- Mandarin Chinese
- Member, Hong Kong Law Society
Awards & Accolades
- Recognized as a leading lawyer for Capital Markets and Corporate/M&A in major legal directories including Chambers Asia and IFLR1000
- Client singled out [Peter] to IFLR1000 for praise describing him as “very responsible and capable”, and another client described him as “highly accessible and possessing good and logical analytical thinking” (2017)