Andrea De Pieri is counsel in the Corporate Group of the Milan office.
He focuses primarily on assisting corporate clients, investment banks and private equity funds in both public and private mergers, acquisitions, leveraged buyouts, sales and joint ventures as well as corporate finance and real estate transactions.
Prior to joining Shearman & Sterling in 2006, he worked for a leading Italian law firm in Milan, Italy and for a major U.S. firm in New York, where he gained a considerable experience in major domestic, U.S. and international M&A transactions. Mr. De Pieri is admitted to practice in Italy and the State of New York and is fluent in English, Italian and French.
- York Capital Management Europe (UK) Advisors LLP in connection with the acquisition from Milano 90 S.r.l. of a portfolio of prestigious buildings located in the historic center of Rome
- Kryalos SGR in the sale of the NHOW Hotel Milan building.
- Qatar Investment Authority in its acquisition of the Italian headquarters building of BNP Paribas, located in Milan Piazza San Fedele, from Banca Nazionale del Lavoro S.p.A.
- Qatar Investment Authority and Hines Italia in the sale & lease back acquisition from Deutsche Bank of a portfolio of 96 assets mainly including bank retail branches, mainly located in northern Italy.
- TPG Special Situations in the acquisition of all units of two Italian real estate funds holding Telecom real estate portfolios.
- Blackstone and BNP Paribas SGR in the acquisition of real estate assets located in downtown Milan from REAM SGR.
- Blackstone in its acquisition and related financing of Palmanova Outlet Village.
- Blackstone and IDeA FIMIT in the acquisition and related financing of the Mantova and Molfetta “Fashion District” outlets from the Mittel Group.
- Tishman Speyer Group in the sale of the headquarters of Credit Suisse in Italy, located in Milan, in Via Santa Margherita to Qatar Holding, the holding company of the sovereign wealth fund of Qatar.
- Blackstone in its acquisition of AXA Immoselect Fund’s portfolio of Italian real estate assets comprised of an office building in Rome, a hotel building in Milan, a shopping centre in Civitavecchia (Rome) and two logistics compounds in Piedmont.
- Dover Corporation (NYSE: DOV) in its acquisition of MS Printing Solutions.
- Blackstone in its acquisition of RCS Mediagroup S.p.A.’s historical buildings in Milan and headquarters of the Corriere della Sera newspaper.
- Blackstone in its acquisition of Valecenter and Airone shopping centres.
- The American Sugar Group in its acquisition of a 50% interest in S.R.B. S.p.A., the owner of the second largest sugar refinery in Europe.
- Dover Corporation (NYSE: DOV) in its acquisition of Finder Pompe S.p.A.
- Tishman Speyer in its divestment from Italian real estate fund Fondo Due.
- The Coesia Group in its acquisition of Oystar North America, Inc.
- The Coesia Group in connection with the acquisition of Sasib S.p.A., a historic packaging machines producer founded in 1915 in Bologna that was the first listed company of the Bologna area.
- Morgan Stanley in the sale of Cinecity Arts and Cinemas to The Space Cinema Group.
- The Viacom Group in connection with the acquisition of a strategic interest in Rainbow S.p.A., a privately-owned kids animation and consumer products company.
- Morgan Stanley Real Estate Fund in the sale of its interest in KOS S.p.A. to AXA Private Equity.
- The Head Sport Group in connection with its private exchange offer and consent solicitation relating to €135 million 8½% Senior Notes due 2014.Aabar Investment Company PJSC in its acquisition of a 3.3% interest in Atlantia S.p.A., an Italian listed infrastructure company, from UniCredit Group.
- Interactive Data Corporation (NYSE: IDC), a leading provider of financial market data, in its acquisition of Kler’s Financial Data Service S.r.l., a leading provider of reference data to the Italian financial industry.
- Morgan Stanley Real Estate Fund in its acquisition of an equity interest, and follow-up investment in HSS S.p.A., a health care company controlled by the CIR group.
- Polynt S.p.A., an Italian chemical company, in connection with various corporate and domestic and cross border mergers and acquisition matters.
- Dada S.p.A. in its acquisition of all of the stock of UPOC Networks, Inc. and, separately, in the formation of its 50/50 joint venture with Sony BMG Music Entertainment to operate their global direct-to-consumer mobile digital entertainment and Web 2.0 community services.
- Citadel Capital in connection with its bid to acquire Italiana Energia e Servizi S.p.A., a leading Italian oil company.
- Société Générale in connection with its bid to acquire a stake in Fidis, the financial services business of Fiat Auto S.p.A.
- Gtech Corporation in the reorganization of its Italian activities.
- Credit Suisse as the sole bookrunner in connection with the placement of 108.8 million ordinary shares of RCS S.p.A. in connection with the enforcement of a pledge in favor of Banca Popolare Italiana.
Fordham Law School
Università Statale di Milano