Iain Goalen is a partner in the European Finance practice.
He advises borrowers and lenders in secured and unsecured bilateral and syndicated loans, leveraged and acquisition finance and asset finance in Europe and the Middle East.
- The lenders in connection with Miller Homes’ £105 million super senior revolving credit facility related to a high yield bond offering.
- Barclays and J.P. Morgan as joint lead arrangers and Barclays as administrative agent, in connection with the refinancing of Swissport's €660 million Term Loan B Facility by way of an amendment and restatement.
- The syndicate of banks in connection with ACWA Power Management and Investments One Limited's offering of US$814 million aggregate principal amount of 5.95% senior secured bonds due 2039.
- The syndicate of banks in connection with Autodistribution’s new revolving credit facility related to the €239 million offering of 9.000% / 9.750% pay-if-you-can notes by Dakar Finance, a company controlled by Bain Capital.
- The underwriters in connection with a Sukuk offering by a major infrastructure developer in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- J.P. Morgan Limited and UniCredit S.p.A. as lenders in connection with a €50 million super senior revolving credit facility related to a €360 Million high yield bond offering by CMF S.p.A.
- EFG Hermes UAE Limited (EFG Hermes), a wholly owned subsidiary of EFG Hermes Holding S.A.E, in connection with its agreements to acquire a 50 percent stake in Frontier Investment Management (FIM).
- Gulf Capital in connection with the financing of an investment in a Gulf-based auction business.
- A major Kuwaiti investment group in connection with the restructuring of its debt portfolio.
- A major UAE investment company in connection with the restructuring of its complex conventional and Shari’ah-compliant debt portfolio.
- Qalaa Holdings in connection with an asset exchange transaction with one of its major co-investors, Financial Holdings International Limited (FHI).
The London School of Economics and Political Science
Awards & Accolades
- Iain is ranked as a recommended lawyer in Chambers UK 2017, which cites him as "practical, with a lot of experience." He is also ranked as “Highly Regarded” by IFLR1000 2017 and Legal 500 UK 2017, which describes him as ‘very personable’ who is ‘very good on bank debt acquisition finance’;