Kana Morimura is counsel in the Capital Markets practice.
Her practice areas include antitrust, capital markets, mergers & acquisitions, joint ventures and private equity. She has worked in both Japan and the United States. She worked as a Japanese licensed lawyer at law firms in Tokyo prior to joining Shearman & Sterling in 2011.
Kana represents corporate and financial institution clients including both Japanese and non-Japanese companies.
- Japan-based manufacturers and financial institutions in various non-public cartel investigations and the follow-on federal class action lawsuits.
- Executives of Japan-based corporations in non-public cartel investigations and criminal proceedings.
- Japanese and non-Japanese companies and financial institutions in investigations alleging fraud and regulatory matters, including representation of the institutions before the DOJ, SEC and regulatory agencies.
- Japanese corporations in internal investigations relating to anti-corruption law.
- Japan-based manufacturers and financial institutions on compliance issues, including antitrust and anti-corruption matters.
- Sompo Holdings, Inc. in its $6.3 billion acquisition of Endurance Specialty Holdings Ltd.
Columbia University School of Law
LL.M., Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar
- New York
- Japan (as a Registered Foreign Lawyer)