Maura O’Sullivan is a partner in the Finance practice.
She focuses on acquisition financings, leveraged lending, restructurings and asset-based finance.
Maura represents financial advisors, lenders and borrowers, and her clients include Barclays, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank, JP Morgan Chase & Co. and Morgan Stanley.
- Citibank, N.A. as Agent on a $6.3 billion DIP financing for Energy Future Intermediate Holding Company LLC and EFIH Finance Inc., consisting of a $5.475 billion senior secured DIP term loan facility and an $825 million senior secured delayed draw DIP term loan facility
- JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. as administrative agent and the joint lead arrangers and bookrunners in connection with a $2.2 billion senior secured refinancing for LPL Holdings, Inc.
- Morgan Stanley Senior Funding, Inc. and HSBC Bank USA, National Association in connection with a $2.425 billion financing for PTL Acquisition Inc. to finance the acquisition of Tumi Holdings, Inc. by Samsonite International, S.A. The financing also involved collateral located in multiple foreign jurisdictions including Belgium, Canada, Hong Kong, Hungary, Luxembourg and Mexico
- Morgan Stanley Senior Funding, Inc., The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, Ltd. and Deutsche Bank Securities Inc., as lead arrangers and bookrunners, in connection with the $2.475 billion financing of Microsemi Corporation’s acquisition of 100% of the capital stock of PMC-Sierra, Inc.
- Bank of America as Agent on a $3 billion revolving credit facility for Visa Inc.
- Boston Scientific Corporation, as borrower, in connection with a $3 billion financing, including a refinancing of its $2 billion revolving credit facility arranged by J.P. Morgan Securities LLC and Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Incorporated, a new $750 million unsecured term loan arranged by J.P. Morgan Securities LLC and Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Incorporated, which backs the company’s acquisition of Endo International’s male urology business, and a $250 million revolving credit facility arranged by J.P. Morgan Securities LLC
- Credit Suisse Securities (USA) LLC, Macquarie Capital (USA) Inc. and ING Capital LLC, as joint lead arrangers and joint bookrunners, in the $245 million senior secured financing, consisting of a $195 million first lien financing and a $50 million second lien financing, related to the acquisition of Global Knowledge Training LLC by Rhône Capital LLC from MidOcean Partners
- BNP Paribas, as agent, in relation to a $15 billion financing, consisting of a $5 billion 364-Day credit facility, a $5 billion three-year credit facility and a $5 billion five-year credit facility for Toyota Motor Credit Corporation and its affiliates
- Morgan Stanley, Citigroup, Deutsche Bank Securities and RBC Capital Markets as joint lead arrangers and joint bookrunning managers in connection with a $640 million financing for Halyard Health Inc.’s spin-off from Kimberly-Clark Corporation, including a $390 million term loan B and $250 million of senior notes
- Morgan Stanley Senior Funding, Inc., Deutsche Bank Securities Inc. and Jefferies Finance LLC as joint lead arrangers and joint bookrunners in connection with a $725 million financing, comprising of a $450 million first lien term loan facility, a $75 million revolving credit facility and a $200 million second lien term loan facility, related to the acquisition of Grocery Outlet Inc. by Hellman & Friedman LLC
Fordham University School of Law
- Business Editor, The Urban Law Journal
College of the Holy Cross
Awards & Accolades
- Maura is highly ranked in Banking & Finance by <em">Chambers Global, Chambers USA and IFLR1000. She was shortlisted for “Finance Lawyer of the Year” (2012) by Chambers USA Women in Law Awards, awarded “Best in Banking & Finance” (2013 - 2015) by Euromoney Americas Women in Business Law; and distinguished by Law360as MVP for Banking (2013).
- She co-authored the USA Banking and Finance chapter of Chambers Global Practice Guides 2016 and 2017.