Robert O’Leary is an associate in the Project Development & Finance practice.
His practice involves domestic and international project finance and project development. He focuses on the financing of energy projects and infrastructure in Latin America, representing commercial banks, multilateral and development finance institutions, and investors and sponsors in a variety of renewable energy, natural gas and transmission transactions.
- Transelec Concesiones S.A., an affiliate of Transelec S.A., in connection with the approximately $358 million loan facility and associated interest rate hedging for the individualized portfolio construction financing of four independent transmission lines (each with a capacity of between 2x220 kV and 2x500 kV) and four associated independent substations in Chile, with Export Development Canada, KfW IPEX-Bank GmbH and MUFG Bank, Ltd. acting as mandated lead arrangers
- BNP Paribas, Citigroup, J.P. Morgan, Scotiabank and SMBC Nikko, as Joint Lead Arrangers and Joint Bookrunners, in connection with a Rule 144A/Regulation S offering of $860 million 6.375% senior secured notes due 2035 issued by, and senior secured credit facilities made available to, Cometa Energía, S.A. de C.V. (Actis), in connection with its $1.256 billion acquisition of the InterGen portfolio of energy assets in Mexico(“Best Infrastructure Financing Deal of the Year” by LatinFinance)
- Nederlandse Financierings-Maatschappij Voor Ontwikkelingslanden N.V. (FMO), as lender and mandated lead arranger, DEG – Deutsche Investitions-und Entwicklungsgesellschaft mbH as lender, and FMO, as facility agent, in connection with the senior and sub-senior financing of the construction of Pacific Solar Energy, S.A. de C.V.’s approximately 50 MWdc solar-powered electric generating facility located near the city of Nacaomé, Honduras
- Y-GEN Eléctrica (Y-GEN) and Y-GEN II Eléctrica (Y-GEN II), each a joint venture formed by GE and YPF, in connection with the limited-recourse financing for the construction of two gas-fired power stations located in the provinces of Neuquén and Tucumán in Argentina
- Transmisora Eléctrica del Norte, S.A., a joint venture between affiliates of ENGIE and Red Eléctrica, in the approximately $700 million financing of its 600 km, 500 kv electric transmission line connecting the two largest power grids in Chile(“Transmission Deal of the Year – Latin America” by IJ Global)
New York University School of Law
- Managing Editor, Journal of International Law and Politics
The City College of New York
M.S. in Bilingual Education (With Honors)
University of Colorado
B.A. in International Affairs, summa cum laude
- New York
- Illinois (inactive)