Efren Lemus is an associate in the Private Equity and Mergers & Acquisitions practices.
His practice focuses on complex corporate transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, private equity investments, joint ventures, commercial arrangements and related general corporate counseling.
- SAP in the $12.5 billion sale of Qualtrics International, Inc. to Silver Lake
- Anglo American plc in connection with its business combination between its nuGenTM Zero Emissions Haulage Solution and First Mode Holdings, Inc.
- Aegion Corporation, a portfolio company of New Mountain Capital, in its sale of Aegion Energy Services, LLC to Brock Holdings III, LLC, a portfolio company of American Industrial Partners
- J.F. Lehman & Company in connection with
- the sale of Lone Star Disposal to Waste Connections US Holdings Inc.
- its proposed acquisition of Heritage-Crystal Clean Inc. in an all-cash transaction for US$45.50 per share that values the company at approximately US$1.2 billion, including net debt
- Community Counseling Service Co. (CCS Fundraising), the world’s leading fundraising consulting firm for non-profits, with respect to a strategic investment by ABRY Partners
- Kestra Financial, the parent company of Bluespring Wealth Partners, in several acquisitions by Bluespring of wealth management firms
- Tire Rack in its sale to Discount Tire
- Kroll Bond Rating Agency in its sale to Parthenon Capital Partners
- I-Bankers in connection with several SPAC IPOs
- A New York-based global asset management firm in its acquisition of a healthcare technology company
- J.F. Lehman & Company acquisition of the assets of the Narda-MITEQ division and the stock of Narda Safety Test Solutions, GmbH (Narda-MITEQ) from L3Harris Technologies, Inc.
- Hitachi, Ltd. in its acquisition of GlobalLogic Inc. for an enterprise value of $9.5 billion
- Pike Corporation, one of the largest providers of infrastructure solutions to utilities in the United States, in connection with a majority investment by Lindsay Goldberg.*
- Salt Creek Midstream in a comprehensive recapitalization, which included additional investments from its existing lender groups and funds managed by Ares Management.*
- Affiliates of Magnetar Capital and GSO Capital Partners as lead investors in the simplification merger of EQM Midstream Partners, LP (NYSE: EQM) and Equitrans Midstream Corporation (NYSE: ETRN) and the associated redemption and rollover into preferred equity at ETRN of $1.2 billion of the investors’ Series A Convertible Preferred Units of EQM.*
- KKR, in partnership with XPV Water Partners, in the formation of a wastewater treatment platform that provides end-to-end nutrient management solutions for municipal and industrial wastewater treatment facilities.*
- Golden Gate Capital and Hillstone Environmental Partners, LLC in the $600 million sale of Hillstone to NGL Energy Partners LP Kodiak Gas Services, a portfolio company of EQT Infrastructure, in its acquisition of Pegasus Optimization Managers from affiliates of Apollo Natural Resource Partners.*
- Hilcorp Alaska in its $5.6 billion acquisition of BP’s upstream and midstream business in Alaska BlackRock, GSO Capital Partners and Magnetar Capital as lead purchasers in the $1.2 billion convertible preferred equity investment in EQM Midstream Partners, LP, a growth-oriented master limited partnership operating in the Appalachian Basin.*
- Kodiak Gas Services, LLC and The Stephens Group, LLC in the sale of Kodiak to EQT Infrastructure.*
- Salt Creek Midstream, LLC in its 50/50 joint venture with Noble Midstream Partners LP to provide crude oil gathering and transportation services in the Delaware Basin.*
* Denotes prior firm experience
SMU Dedman School of Law
J.D., magna cum laude
- Articles Editor, SMU Law Review
- Efren Lemus, Comment, When Fingerprints Are Key: Reinstating Privacy to the Privilege Against Self-Incrimination in Light of Fingerprint Encryption in Smartphones, 70 SMU L. Rev. 533 (2017)