Anne-Sophie Maes is counsel in the Tax practice.
She advises on the tax law, private equity, mergers & acquisitions and financing areas. She has extensive experience advising on capital markets transactions and employee offerings. She also regularly assists clients during tax audits and litigation.
- Prima Solutions on the sale of Prima XL and Prima Compliance to Duck Creek.
- BNP Paribas, Crédit Agricole Corporate and Investment Bank, Coöperatieve Rabobank, Crédit Industriel et Commercial, Natixis, Société Générale, Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria, and Mediobanca – Banca di Credito Finanziario in connection with Elior Group’s €550 million offering.
- BNP Paribas, Crédit Industriel et Commercial S.A., Société Générale and Crédit Agricole Corporate and Investment Bank in connection with Derichebourg SA's $300 million green offering.
- ALD Automotive on the creation of a joint venture with Ford for the launch of «Ford Fleet Management».
- Société Générale in connection with the sale of SG Finans to Nordea (Norway).
- Verallia on the tax aspects of its pre-IPO reorganizations.
- Mubadala in connection with the sale of its stake in the Parisian “Lumière” building to Primonial and Samsung SRA Investment Management.
- Constellium in connection with the relocation of its head office to France.
- Siparex in connection with its investment in Batibig.
- CCI Lyon Metropole – which is an entity part of the French State – in connection with the equity investment of €100 million in emlyon (one of the leading French business schools) by private equity fund Qualium Investment and French State-owned bank Bpifrance, which is the first transaction of this nature in France.
- Société Générale in connection with the sale of Euro Bank to Bank Millennium.
- Verimatrix in connection with the sale of its Silicon IP and Secure Protocols Business to Rambus.
- Orange on its £486 million sale of its stake in British Telecom Group.
- The joint book-runners (Deutsche Bank AG, BNP Paribas, Crédit Agricole Corporate and Investment Bank, Natixis and Société Générale) on Loxam S.A.S.’s €1.4 billion and € 500 million high yield notes offerings.
- Nexans on its €400 million Negotiable European Commercial Paper program.
- Nexans on the signature of a €600 million Revolving Credit Facility with 11 of its core banks for a period of five years, thereby extending the tenor of the Group’s access to liquidity until 2023.
- M&A Deal of the Year IFLR Award 2019 - Novartis on its $3.9 billion acquisition of Nasdaq-listed Advanced Accelerator Applications.
- First Eagle Funds on the sale of the Emin Leydier group to SAICA group.
- Japan Nuclear Fuel Ltd. (JNFL) in connection with its investment in French nuclear fuel cycle company, New Areva Holding (now called Orano), which is part of the €4.5 billion global restructuring of French nuclear energy group Areva.
- Jin Jiang in connection with its investment in French global hospitality group Accor.
- The Coca-Cola Company, Groupe Altice, Schneider Electric and Sonatrach in connection with various tax matters.
- Various listed and non-listed companies in connection with domestic or international employee incentive plans (including notably international stock-options plans or free share plans).
Université Paris II Panthéon-Assas
Master (D.E.S.S) in International Tax Law
HEC - Hautes Etudes Commerciales
Awards & Accolades
- Anne-Sophie Maes is recognized as a “Rising Star” by Legal 500 EMEA 2022.
- Anne-Sophie Maes is recognized as a “Rising Star” by Legal 500 EMEA 2020.