Nicholas Ormondroyd is an associate in the Financial Institutions Advisory and Financial Regulatory practice.
Nicholas advises a wide range of clients, including banks, corporates, financial technology companies, exchanges and clearing houses, in connection with various advisory and regulatory issues affecting their business.
Prior to joining the Firm, Nicholas trained and qualified as a solicitor at another international law firm, where he was based in their banking practice.
- Bank of America, Wells Fargo and numerous hedge funds on the Credit Suisse situation.
- The U.K government on proposals for regulatory accountability, restraining the regulators so that they act predictably and consistently, and in accordance with newly generated case law.
- A Middle Eastern country on the establishment of a new legal regime within its territory.
- Various issuers and banks in connection with selling restrictions, stabilisation, corporate publicity and market abuse issues in connection with debt offerings.
- The ICE group on its U.K. exchange and clearing businesses.
- Various financial institutions, financial technology companies and corporates in connection with regulatory advisory work, including perimeter issues, conduct of business, data protection and privacy, sanctions and other market conduct requirements.
- Société Générale on certain aspects of its announced joint venture with Alliance Bernstein for their research and securities brokerage businesses.
- Various financial institutions and corporates in relation to the discontinuation of LIBOR and their LIBOR transition processes.*
- Various major UK banks in relation to compliance with the UK ring-fencing regime.*
- Various financial institutions in relation to a range of investment grade and crossover credit financings.*
* Denotes prior firm experience
The University of Law (Moorgate)
LPC with MSc in Law, Business and Management
University of Oxford
B.A. (Hons) in Jurisprudence