Ashley Shan is an associate in the Finance practice.
She advises borrowers and lenders in all aspects of private finance transactions, including leveraged financing transactions ranging from syndicated senior facilities, second-lien facilities, leveraged buyouts, asset-based loans, revolving credit facilities, term loans, Rule 144A/Regulation S private placements, among others. Ashley represents private equity sponsors, financial institutions, hedge funds and public and private companies, and her clients include Goldman Sachs Merchant Banking Division, Atlas Holdings and Morgan Stanley.
- LBO France and Yarpa on the disposal of McIntosh Group, a leading designer, manufacturer, and marketer of high-end home audio equipment, to Highlander Partners, a Dallas-based private investment firm.
- Plains All American Pipeline and Plains Midstream Canada as borrowers on a $1.35 billion senior unsecured revolving credit facility agented by Bank of America to refinance the outstanding indebtedness under Plains All American Pipeline and Plains Midstream Canada's existing credit facility and for general corporate purposes.
- Morgan Stanley Senior Funding as Administrative Agent on a $2.475 billion financing for Osmosis Buyer Limited consisting of a $2 billion first lien secured term loan B facility, a $250 million delayed draw term loan B facility and a $225 million revolving credit facility to finance the acquisition of Culligan International by BDT Capital Partners.
- Bank of America, N.A. as Administrative Agent on an amendment and restatement of Viatris Inc.’s existing $4 billion senior unsecured revolving credit facility to finance general corporate purposes.
- Provided pro bono representation to The Nature Conservancy (TNC), one of the world’s leading conservation organizations, in its innovative $364 million financial transaction with the Government of Belize that will enable the country to reduce its debt burden and generate an estimated $180 million for marine conservation, in support of Belize’s commitment to protect 30 percent of its ocean, strengthen governance frameworks for domestic and high sea fisheries and establish a regulatory framework for coastal blue carbon projects.
- Mizuho Bank, Ltd. as Administrative Agent on a ¥40 billion senior unsecured term loan facility for Viatris Inc. to finance general corporate purposes.
- Bank of America, N.A., as the TLB Administrative Agent, and HSBC Bank USA, N.A., as the 2021 Refinancing Tranche B New Term Lender, on a refinancing amendment to Samsonite International S.A.’s existing $1.15 billion term loan facilities and $850 million revolving facility, pursuant to which $495.5 million of the 2020 Incremental Tranche B Term Loans were repriced.
- HSBC Bank USA, N.A., as TLA and Revolver Administrative Agent, on an amendment to Samsonite International S.A.’s existing $1.15 billion term loan facilities and $850 million revolving facility to, among other things, modify the financial covenants.
- Nomura Corporate Funding Americas LLC, as Administrative Agent, on incremental amendments to Applied Systems, Inc’s existing first lien credit facility and second lien credit facility pursuant to which (i) $470 million in incremental term loans and $30 million in incremental revolving loans were incurred under the first lien facility to finance the acquisition of Webcetera, L.P. by Applied Systems, Inc., (ii) $1.82 billion of the existing term loans under the first lien facility were repriced, (iii) $615 million of the existing term loans under the second lien facility were repriced, and (iv) the maturity date for the $50 million in existing first lien revolving commitments was extended.
- Citigroup Global Markets, Mizuho Securities USA and SG Americas as the representatives of the initial purchasers in a Rule 144A/Regulation S private placement of $1 billion aggregate principal amount of asset-backed notes.
- Bank of America (as lead arranger, agent and letter of credit issuer) and certain other asset-based lenders who have provided Macy’s Inventory Funding LLC, a newly formed financing vehicle, with a $3.15 billion asset-based inventory financing. The proceeds will be used by Macy’s and its subsidiaries to finance accrued payables obligations and finance the purchase of new inventory for upcoming merchandising seasons by the Macy’s group and to provide the Macy’s group with liquidity through the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
- HSBC Bank USA, National Association as Administrative Agent on an amendment to Samsonite’s existing facility, consisting of $828 million initial tranche A term loans, $665 million initial tranche B term loans, $650 million initial revolving commitments, to increase to $850 million the aggregate revolving commitments, refinance the initial tranche A term loans, prepay a portion of the initial tranche B term loans, and finance working capital needs.
Duke University School of Law
J.D./LL.M. in International and Comparative Law, cum laude
- Senior Research Editor, Duke Law Journal (Vol. 68, 2018–19)
- Salzburg Lloyd N. Cutler Fellow in International Law, 2019
B.A. in Philosophy and Sociology, magna cum laude