Who’s Who Legal Names 11 Shearman & Sterling Lawyers Among Next Generation of Leading Arbitration Practitioners Globally
Shearman & Sterling is proud to announce that the 2019 edition of Who's Who Legal: Arbitration – Future Leaders has recognized 11 Shearman & Sterling lawyers aged 45 or under as foremost practitioners in the global arbitration community. The publication is based upon an independent survey of general counsel and private practitioners worldwide.
Who’s Who Legal spotlighted the lawyers below:
- Alex Bevan, Partner, Abu Dhabi, is “an outstanding lawyer” who is recognised as “a top name” for construction-related arbitration.
- Daryl Chew, Partner, Singapore, “leads a strong team in Singapore.” He is “very highly thought of in the market” and is recognised “not only as a great advocate but also a great arbitrator.”
- Maude Lebois, Partner, Paris, is a well-recognised name in the French arbitration market where she stands out for her impressive work handling Africa-related disputes.
- Mohamed Shelbaya, Partner, Paris, is well known in the international arbitration market and comes highly recommended for his expertise in both commercial and investment treaty disputes.
- Alexander Uff, Partner, London, is a well-respected figure in the European arbitration market where he has a strong reputation for being “excellent on quantum issues.”
- Jennifer Younan, Partner, Paris, enjoys a strong reputation in the international arbitration market where she is well known for her work handling complex commercial and investor-state arbitration proceedings.
- Alexander Marcopoulos, Counsel, Paris, gains widespread recognition from international peers who praise his “great strategic mind” when handling complex disputes, particularly in the maritime and energy sectors.
- Benjamin Siino, Counsel, Paris, is a top choice for clients who commend his “impressive submissions and performance at hearing.” One peer notes, “He is the most knowledgeable lawyer of our generation in respect of enforcement and setting aside proceedings."
- Tsegaye Laurendeau, Senior Associate, London, is “highly experienced in investment arbitration” and is recognised for his “remarkable cross-examination skills.”
- Thomas Parigot, Senior Associate, Paris, is well regarded by market sources who consider him “a smart strategist” and note his “strong trial skills.”
- Margaret Ryan, Senior Associate, London, is recognised for her “wide and deep understanding of law and procedure,” with sources noting, “She has a bright future ahead.”
Professor Emmanuel Gaillard, the Head of the firm’s International Arbitration Group, commented: “We are proud of our talented colleagues and their well-deserved accolades from clients and peers across the world. They are a testament to the strength and depth of our global international arbitration practice.”