Roberta Berliner Cherman is a partner in our São Paulo office, working on a variety of transactional and advisory matters. She re-joined the firm in 2017 after almost a decade holding senior positions in Europe and Brazil at Itaú Unibanco, the largest private financial institution in Latin America. Roberta began her career as an associate in Shearman & Sterling’s Capital Markets Group in New York.
- Itaú Unibanco in connection with its subordinated debt offering.
- International placement agents in connection with Helbor’s Rule 144A/Regulation S and Brazilian ICVM 476 follow-on equity offer.
- Issuer and Selling Shareholder in connection with Banco do Brasil’s Rule 144A/Regulation S and Brazilian follow-on equity offering.
- International placement agents in connection with Trisul’s Rule 144A/Regulation S and Brazilian ICVM 476 follow-on equity offering of common shares.
- Dealers in connection with the annual update of banco BV’s MTN Programme and issuance of senior notes thereunder.
- Itaú Unibanco in the annual and periodic update of its MTN Programme and preparation of its Form 20-F.
- Underwriters in connection with Banco BTG Pactual’s issuance of senior and subordinated notes under its Global MTN Programme and follow-on offering of its Units.
- Banco do Brasil in connection with the annual update of its MTN Programme and issuance of senior notes thereunder.
- Cielo in connection with the tender offer for its Units.
- Azul in the secondary offering of its common shares and various corporate issues.
- Underwriters/Dealer Managers in Petrobras’ SEC registered and 144A debt offerings and tender offers.
- Eletropaulo in its attempted follow-on offering of shares.
- Bunge in its attempted IPO of its Brazilian sugar milling business in Brazil.
- Advised U.S. and Latin American companies and investment banks as issuer's and underwriter's counsel in registered offerings and private placements of debt and equity securities (including structured and asset-backed offerings in both capital and bank markets, initial public offerings and secondary offerings of American depositary shares, exchangeable securities and perpetual notes, medium-term note programs, commercial paper programs, credit-linked notes and notes supported by political risk insurance, repackaging of corporate securities, and asset securitizations); elaborated consent solicitations and exchange offers; advised U.S. insurance company in drafting and negotiating political risk insurance policies.
- Advised lenders, borrowers and guarantors in connection with credit agreements, syndicated loans and export finance transactions involving upstream and downstream guarantees; drafted and negotiated loan documentation, including credit agreements, security agreements, guarantees, subordination agreements, account control agreements and intercreditor agreements.
- Assisted domestic and foreign private issuers with general corporate matters including the preparation of annual and periodical reports required to be filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission; drafted various memoranda regarding compliance by foreign private issuers with U.S. securities regulation, publicity during public offerings and compliance with securities rules and regulations.
University of Chicago Law School
Faculdades Integradas Cândido Mendes